help! in choosing ps vita or 3ds xl

Ahmed.t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I know that many people had asked this question but this is a another case . first of all i was interested in 3ds xl for a while but my brother kept saying to me that ps vita is better when i looked at the vita and searched. vita impressed me but i keep saying that ps vita dont have games please help! another note. in egypt 3ds xl costs 2175 egyptian pound if i added another 250 pound i could buy ps3 and the vita costs 2750 pounds and its games cost 65$ in egypt please help me in choosing

NOTE

I DONT fIND THE MONEY ON THE GROUND . so i dont want to choose the wrong one

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thats not even a competition there. 3DS is the best selling system out there and nobody has a vita. If that alone doesnt make you think you have other problems. Also punch your brother in the face for me as he is a complete and utter idiot when it comes to gaming.

Games for 3DS:
Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion, Castlevania, ALL OLD DS GAMES and tons, TONS of 3rd party games

Games for Vita:
Mediocre Uncharted Game
Mediocre to bad Assassins Creed game
Very little 3rd Party Support

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, both the 3DS and the Vita are good systems, of course that the 3DS has many more games and so far, is being more successful, however even though the Vita selection is small, there are some pretty good games as well.

What I'd recommend is buy a 3DS for now, since there's so many games being released in the next couple of months, not to mention so many other games that already exist.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Both systems are great in their own right. But most people would suggest the 3DS because it has far more games available. Both are backwards compatible though, even though the Vita doesn't support UMD discs you can buy PSP games on PSN. I have both and I like them in different ways.

3DS
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Super Mario Land 3D
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Theatrythm Final Fantasy
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

And a bunch of new and interesting games coming soon.

Vita
Persona 4 Golden (One of my favorite games of all time)
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Mortal Kombat
Dead Or Alive 5+
Hotline Miami

A few new interesting games coming soon.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Having both handhelds i would say the 3DS as it has a far better game selection.

You should put your choice down to what games you yourself prefer to play, look at the game list available now for both consoles & what's soon to be released & base it on that.

Making a thread like this will attract a few fanboy answers, when only you should decide what's best for you by what's on offer for both systems.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
3DS..... look at the next couple months for games launching for the Vita now look at the 3DS.... Coming from a person who owns both I own 1 game on the Vita, Disgaea 3. I love it but I only love it because I love Disgaea and I wanted something that I could play on the go and it comes with the DLC which is around 40-50$ on the PS3 and I would rather not pay for that and I got my Vita for 130$. My Vita is solely used for that yet I've bought a few games alone the last couple months for the 3DS. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, (Pre-ordered) Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and Shin Megami Tensei 4. Chances are if you want solid great games constantly go for the 3DS if you want one hit wonders that draw you in for a bit or ports of console games go for the Vita. The only game I'm looking forward to and likely my next buy on the Vita is Tearaway. Most games on the Vita are games that you can play on a home console or remakes of older games as much as people rave about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita I never felt the need to pick it up because I still own it on the PS2 and it is only 4 years old.

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Your brother seems to be the average PS fanboy. Get a 3DS, it has many many awesome games and you can also play the games from the old DS. The PSVita has very few good games.

sinx4lyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also have both... As much as i adore the vita system more than my 3ds and would prefer it more... Hands down 3ds has the better games for now

So for now 3ds is your answer.

Edit : if you didnt know, vita can play psx and psp games (but you have to dl them)

Ahmed.t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
the only point that dissapointed me in 3ds that i fear the games dont have a good graphics thats all my concern

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both love both of them! But I play my 3DS alot more. It about great games and great gameplay with the 3DS.

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sold my vita for a 3ds xl, no regrets. There's like 10-15 really good games for the vita if you don't count previous gen games on psn, and it doesn't look that's going to improve anytime soon.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't remember the last time I picked up my Vita.

3DS without a doubt.

Some outstanding games from top of my head

Super Mario 3D land
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem Awakening
Mario Kart 7
Residents Evil R
Luigi Mansion 2
Mario Luigi Dream Team Bros

Old time remake classics such as Zelda Ocarina Of Time, Star Fox 3D and upcoming Pokemon X and Y, Zelda link between worlds. Some games worth looking at Paper Mario, Animal crossing, NSMB2, tales of abyss and Kingdom Hearts Drop By Distance. There's quite a few JRPG coming over or already out such as Bravely Default Flying Fairy, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV Legends of the Titan, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers. The eshop quality is raining with gems with good indie support.

I probably left some games out.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
3DSXL without a doubt. Vita is the better console technically, but it lacks game wise and it doesn't look like thats getting any better anytime soon.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna quote my list of 3DS games, just so you can get the idea of how many games are there
3DS:
(Already released games)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Tales of the Abyss
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Project X Zone
Mario Kart 7
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

(Upcoming games)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
Pokemon X & Pokemon Y
Mario and Luigi Dream Team
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Mario Party
Super Smash Bros. 4
Sonic Lost World
Yeah, I would choose a 3DS, but that's just me. As for graphics, do you buy a game to look at it or play it? Graphics are just toppings on the cake, and if the core cake tastes bad, then toppings don't matter. Really, just put those graphics ideal completely out of your head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o