help! in choosing ps vita or 3ds xl

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Ahmed.t, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Ahmed.t
    OP

Ahmed.t Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2013
    Egypt
    I know that many people had asked this question but this is a another case . first of all i was interested in 3ds xl for a while but my brother kept saying to me that ps vita is better when i looked at the vita and searched. vita impressed me but i keep saying that ps vita dont have games please help! another note. in egypt 3ds xl costs 2175 egyptian pound if i added another 250 pound i could buy ps3 and the vita costs 2750 pounds and its games cost 65$ in egypt please help me in choosing

NOTE

I DONT fIND THE MONEY ON THE GROUND . so i dont want to choose the wrong one

2. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    Thats not even a competition there. 3DS is the best selling system out there and nobody has a vita. If that alone doesnt make you think you have other problems. Also punch your brother in the face for me as he is a complete and utter idiot when it comes to gaming.

Games for 3DS:
    Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion, Castlevania, ALL OLD DS GAMES and tons, TONS of 3rd party games

Games for Vita:
    Mediocre Uncharted Game
    Mediocre to bad Assassins Creed game
    Very little 3rd Party Support

3. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Well, both the 3DS and the Vita are good systems, of course that the 3DS has many more games and so far, is being more successful, however even though the Vita selection is small, there are some pretty good games as well.

What I'd recommend is buy a 3DS for now, since there's so many games being released in the next couple of months, not to mention so many other games that already exist.

4. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Both systems are great in their own right. But most people would suggest the 3DS because it has far more games available. Both are backwards compatible though, even though the Vita doesn't support UMD discs you can buy PSP games on PSN. I have both and I like them in different ways.

3DS
    Animal Crossing
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
    Super Mario Land 3D
    Mario Kart 7
    New Super Mario Bros 2
    Theatrythm Final Fantasy
    Dead or Alive: Dimensions
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

And a bunch of new and interesting games coming soon.

Vita
    Persona 4 Golden (One of my favorite games of all time)
    Gravity Rush
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Mortal Kombat
    Dead Or Alive 5+
    Hotline Miami

A few new interesting games coming soon.

5. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Having both handhelds i would say the 3DS as it has a far better game selection.

You should put your choice down to what games you yourself prefer to play, look at the game list available now for both consoles & what's soon to be released & base it on that.

Making a thread like this will attract a few fanboy answers, when only you should decide what's best for you by what's on offer for both systems.

6. LegendAssassinF

LegendAssassinF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey
    3DS..... look at the next couple months for games launching for the Vita now look at the 3DS.... Coming from a person who owns both I own 1 game on the Vita, Disgaea 3. I love it but I only love it because I love Disgaea and I wanted something that I could play on the go and it comes with the DLC which is around 40-50$ on the PS3 and I would rather not pay for that and I got my Vita for 130$. My Vita is solely used for that yet I've bought a few games alone the last couple months for the 3DS. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, (Pre-ordered) Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and Shin Megami Tensei 4. Chances are if you want solid great games constantly go for the 3DS if you want one hit wonders that draw you in for a bit or ports of console games go for the Vita. The only game I'm looking forward to and likely my next buy on the Vita is Tearaway. Most games on the Vita are games that you can play on a home console or remakes of older games as much as people rave about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita I never felt the need to pick it up because I still own it on the PS2 and it is only 4 years old.

7. Enchilada

Enchilada GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Romania
    Hyrule
    Your brother seems to be the average PS fanboy. Get a 3DS, it has many many awesome games and you can also play the games from the old DS. The PSVita has very few good games.

8. sinx4lyfe

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Also have both... As much as i adore the vita system more than my 3ds and would prefer it more... Hands down 3ds has the better games for now

So for now 3ds is your answer.

Edit : if you didnt know, vita can play psx and psp games (but you have to dl them)

9. alirezay

alirezay GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2012
    United States
    Why the hell in hacking section?

10. Ahmed.t
    OP

Ahmed.t Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2013
    Egypt
    the only point that dissapointed me in 3ds that i fear the games dont have a good graphics thats all my concern

11. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Graphics aren't everything, sport. The 3DS games look great while being fun to play at the same time.

12. Asphalter

Asphalter Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2006
    You're posting in the 3DS forum, so I will say 3DS.

13. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    I have both love both of them! But I play my 3DS alot more. It about great games and great gameplay with the 3DS.

14. jacobas92

jacobas92 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Virginia
    Sold my vita for a 3ds xl, no regrets. There's like 10-15 really good games for the vita if you don't count previous gen games on psn, and it doesn't look that's going to improve anytime soon.

15. TheZander

TheZander member

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Buy both you can always return the one that sucks.

16. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    3DS :-) great games and damn its 3D :D

17. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Can't remember the last time I picked up my Vita.

3DS without a doubt.

Some outstanding games from top of my head

Super Mario 3D land
    Kid Icarus
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Mario Kart 7
    Residents Evil R
    Luigi Mansion 2
    Mario Luigi Dream Team Bros

Old time remake classics such as Zelda Ocarina Of Time, Star Fox 3D and upcoming Pokemon X and Y, Zelda link between worlds. Some games worth looking at Paper Mario, Animal crossing, NSMB2, tales of abyss and Kingdom Hearts Drop By Distance. There's quite a few JRPG coming over or already out such as Bravely Default Flying Fairy, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV Legends of the Titan, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers. The eshop quality is raining with gems with good indie support.

I probably left some games out.

18. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    3DSXL without a doubt. Vita is the better console technically, but it lacks game wise and it doesn't look like thats getting any better anytime soon.

19. RedCoreZero

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Banned
    Nov 12, 2012
    United States
    Lived in Florida
    Both.

20. beta4attack

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    I'm gonna quote my list of 3DS games, just so you can get the idea of how many games are there
    Yeah, I would choose a 3DS, but that's just me. As for graphics, do you buy a game to look at it or play it? Graphics are just toppings on the cake, and if the core cake tastes bad, then toppings don't matter. Really, just put those graphics ideal completely out of your head.