help! in choosing ps vita or 3ds xl

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty obvious, if you want a huge selection of games, and fun for a while. I would suggest going for the 3DS. If you want the XL or not that is up to you. But who wouldn't want a bigger screen? The only thing that is pretty cool with the Vita is that you can use Remote Play with the PS3, allowing you to play the games from the PS3 to the Vita. But still doesn't make up for the low selection of games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a 3DS XL owner, I personally find nothing wrong with it, at all. If anything, there are many advantages to it, which include a bigger screen, actual home/start buttons, a longer batter life and the shell is designed not to scratch the screen when closed....but to each their own. ;)

Reactions: CanuckBuck

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the screen and buttons/hardware of the Vita so much more than any other handheld/controller in history (except my arcade stick for fighting games of course) but the 3DS library is a lot better.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Also if you get a 3DS, get the standard. The XL was made for children and grandparents. It's unwieldy and hideous. The vita is large, but I still find it perfectly portable. Unlike that brick thing they call a handheld somehow.
I don't understand how you can think the XL is meant for children, especially when the reason many people upgrade to the XL (myself included) is because their adult hands cramp up on the tiny 3DS clearly designed with a kid's hands in mind.

And how can you call the XL unwieldy and the Vita perfectly portable in the same sentence? XL is roughly the same size as the Vita, and has the clamshell design that makes pocket carrying loads easier without having to worry about damaging sensitive analogs by cramming them against your pocket or getting dust in between them.

No offense, but I really doubt you've ever touched an XL.

Reactions: the_randomizer

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
The PS vita has/had so much potential hardware wise, but simply lacks games.
The 3DS gained popularity thanks to fantastic first-party support, Sony can't offer that (at least not on a handheld).
I have a 3DS XL and I enjoy it, if I had to choose again my choice would be the same.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand how you can think the XL is meant for children, especially when the reason many people upgrade to the XL (myself included) is because their adult hands cramp up on the tiny 3DS clearly designed with a kid's hands in mind.

And how can you call the XL unwieldy and the Vita perfectly portable in the same sentence? XL is roughly the same size as the Vita, and has the clamshell design that makes pocket carrying loads easier without having to worry about damaging sensitive analogs by cramming them against your pocket or getting dust in between them.

No offense, but I really doubt you've ever touched an XL.

My dad owns an XL actually. The DS in general doesn't feel too great to hold, but I find my normal 3DS just fine to hold and I don't exactly have small hands. The vita's size and shape just seem to be perfect. I never have problems when holding it really. Not like I have problems holding an XL, it just doesn't feel right.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My dad owns an XL actually. The DS in general doesn't feel too great to hold, but I find my normal 3DS just fine to hold and I don't exactly have small hands. The vita's size and shape just seem to be perfect. I never have problems when holding it really. Not like I have problems holding an XL, it just doesn't feel right.
Agreed on the Vita. Just from the few times I've used it, I can tell it's loads more comfy to hold than either 3DS model.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to disagree, the XL feels perfectly fine and is way better than the original 3DS could even be in terms of ergonomic design, longevity, etc, but again, it's a matter of ones taste ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...