Hacking HELP, I used systemmenu-v289 and BRICKED my Wii 4.0

yoppoyyoppoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, everything was working fine, I though I should downgrade my system menu, so i installed the systemmenu-v289.wad and then when i reset my wii, BLACK SCREEN. My wii turns on with the Wii Remote, but after looses connection.The firmware is 4.0. I did however install BootMii, to the ISO, NOT boot2. I also backed up my NAND before doing all this, what can I do now, Please help, thank you to evry1 in advanced

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Petbrick.*

Maybe next time you should research before doing something you don't know about-- Usually helps.

Downgrading a boot2v4 Wii causes brick. Everyone knows this.

Definitely research if you still plan on hacking when you get your Wii back from Nintendo.

I'll even let you use the guide in my signature. =)

*You can fix if you had PreLoader, but since you didn't mention that, I assumed not.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you can reinstall the nand if you have preloader if not... then your wii got ****ed in the @$$!!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, but did he install the IOS30 v1040 that goes with menu 289? If not, it would have likely bricked anyway, boot2v4 or not. 4.0 came with a stubbed IOS30.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if he's still online... oh well time to hang the wii on the wall... j/k let us know if you got preloader... then you can acess the homebrew channel through that... i downgraded my wii to install saves and put it back to 4.1 not ****ing worth it!! trust me it's not...

yoppoyyoppoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, i dont have preloader, so what can I do, is there any possible way? I do have another perfectly working wii, mabey I can use that to fix the bricked one? The bricked one shows NO display

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing you can do. Call up Nintendo and tell them your Wii is bricked.

Don't tell them you were hacking it, of course.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a new wii? i guess that's your only choice sorry that i can't help

maybe you can sell it to a blind kid...

J/K serious don't do what i said to the blind kid... Seriously don't...

but if there's a way i'll be danged...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well since you did make a NAND backup through at least the IOS version your only other option besides sending it to Nintendo is to get a hardware NAND programmer to flash that nand backup back onto your chip directly.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
Well since you did make a NAND backup through at least the IOS version your only other option besides sending it to Nintendo is to get a hardware NAND programmer to flash that nand backup back onto your chip directly.
this would work but like he'd pull this off lmao.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoppoyyoppoy said:
'Hi, everything was working fine, I though I should downgrade my system menu...'
FAIL
I think we should create a new wii discussion forum, could call it 'Wii - Bricking', for all the noobs who like doing random shit to their wii for no particular reason and ending up with a brick. Not even like a help forum, just one where all these posts are collected together so we can all point and laugh.
But seriously, a general help/bricked wii forum would be good so all this bullshit doesnt clutter actual hacking and usbloader development/discussions that are happening.
tired of opening up hacking and backup loader forums only to see ZOMG BRICK, or HOW DO I PALY TEH SMASH BROS, METROIDZ WONT BOOOOT, GHOSTBUSTERS BLACK SCREEEEEN HALPPPP ???!?!?!?

yoppoyyoppoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But is it possible to load BootMii even though it is installed into the ISO and NOT boot2? Is it possible for next time to get it on boot2?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't have preloader so you are screwed dude. since bootmii couldn't be installed as a boot2 you needed preloader for some protection. call up nintendo and see how much it is gonna cost you. next time do some reading before messing with stuff.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem...as it's not installed to Boot2, you would have to load the System Menu FIRST to get to the Homebrew Channel, then to load the IOS version. It seems you can't get into the System Menu, so there's no way. If it were the Boot2 version, you could load it completely independently of the System Menu, as Boot2 comes first, well before the System Menu even loads (and BootMii doesn't rely on any of Nintendo's IOS, so you could do just about anything to the Wii and still recover it).

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it was a corrupt system menu wad. He was on 4.0 and installed a 3.2 system menu wad while having a stub IOS30. Wouldv'e bricked himself regardless of the quality of the wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee