Help - Drive Chips

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Psychopathic, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Psychopathic
    OP

Psychopathic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    United States
    PA
    Ok, I have been reading around a lot about the mod chips. I want to get a chip that I do not have to solder. I want to get a chip with the clip so that I can easily take it out if I need to. What I am confused about is which chip in the wii is the drive chip and how to know which modchip I should get to go with it.

Included are photos of the two chips that are from my console. Maybe someone could explain?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    It's the GC2-D2C chip that your mod chip will go on.

If your wii is new (ie only a few months old) you may have a D2C2... so will need to install a new 9 wire chip that is D2C2 compatable - ie new Wasabi or D2Pro9. Wasabi with clip still needs one point to be soldered, so if you want totally solderless, go with d2pro9.

If you have an older wii - you could get a D2Ckey with clip. It is still a very stable solution and is cheap!

The wii-clips seem to be going well.... but personally - I opted to do a wired install. I'm not sure that I totally trust a clip.

3. Psychopathic
    OP

Psychopathic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    United States
    PA
    thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice