Homebrew HELP! COVERFLOW DS BIG PROBLEM!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I tried installing Coverflow to my DS, and I followed the installation instructions as they were said.

Unfortunately, it left me without a _ds_menu.dat file.
I renamed some .dat file to _ds_menu.dat. This kept me stuck on a loading screen.

How do I set up Coverflow for my R4? I mean, I followed the instructions to the T!

EDIT: Tried putting my old _DS_MENU.DAT file from my previous firmware (YSMenu) onto the micro SD. It booted in japanese YSMenu, and not Coverflow.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to use the included ds_menu.dat that comes with DSCovered. (new name for Coverflow DS)

Use the one he included. It is 397kb.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
You're supposed to use the included ds_menu.dat that comes with DSCovered. (new name for Coverflow DS)

Use the one he included. It is 397kb.
He didn't include one. I followed the instructions and got the version that didn't include it....

Fuck, I've gone and already switched back to YSMenu....
blink.gif

EDIT: Wait, I found it. He just didn't include that in the directions.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Is there a precompiled version somewhere out there I could use???

I can't seem to compile this shit. Now i'm getting black screens.

I fixed something else, but now I get black bottom screen and highly pink upper screen with unmistakable coverflow appearance/text. I'm unable to select anything.

In all seriousness, I'll probably never get Coverflow if an auto compiler doesn't come out. I almost didn't get YSmenu for the exact same reason.

How do I fix this without starting over, anyway? I've already got my ROMs in the Micro SD and I'm not spending twenty minutes reloading them again.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for multiple posting... For some reason editing stops working for me tonight after like 2 edits or something.....

But anyway..

I got Coverflow to work, but now it's not showing anything on the bottom screen! I do what the installation says about not seeing anything, and it doesn't fix it. There's not even a 'no cover' thing shown. It DOES show the theme, and it says UNKNOWN at the very bottom... But that's about it....

I can select 'play game' or whatever it is, but it loads YSMenu.nds

whitechief

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got Coverflow to work, but now it's not showing anything on the bottom screen! I do what the installation says about not seeing anything, and it doesn't fix it. There's not even a 'no cover' thing shown. It DOES show the theme, and it says UNKNOWN at the very bottom... But that's about it....

where do i have to put the map with the covers???????
hate2.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whitechief said:

where do i have to put the map with the covers???????
hate2.gif
In Spinals download you will notice a windows utility called DScovery.exe. Run that on your PC. It should show your external drive (if plugged in) in the top left. Click on that (example: f:) and all your games will appear in the right hand pane. now just click update cart and your done. If any covers are missing you can use browse button and add them manually. You can also double click on the name in the name column and enter that manually if need be.

Note. DScovery.exe needs the data folder and covers folder in the same directory as the .exe or it will not work. This download recomended

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
Sorry for multiple posting... For some reason editing stops working for me tonight after like 2 edits or something.....

But anyway..

Make sure you have /YSMenu.nds

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Note. DScovery.exe needs the data folder and covers folder in the same directory as the .exe or it will not work. This download recomended
If only someone could keep that file updated like Pong20302000's extinfo/infolib/savlib files, then I could just have my mini generator download that and put it all in a wondrous place and it would save people the trouble of not knowing what they are doing (since it opens up the Dscovery.exe after it finishes compiling the ysmenu and stuff). Plus they wouldn't have to worry about putting anything in wrong because it would be a drag-and-drop process (well it is a drag-and-drop process already...but obviously not very many people try my generator xD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...