HELP! COVERFLOW DS BIG PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Inunah, Mar 18, 2010.

Mar 18, 2010

HELP! COVERFLOW DS BIG PROBLEM! by Inunah at 5:08 AM (1,614 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Okay so I tried installing Coverflow to my DS, and I followed the installation instructions as they were said.

Unfortunately, it left me without a _ds_menu.dat file.
    I renamed some .dat file to _ds_menu.dat. This kept me stuck on a loading screen.

How do I set up Coverflow for my R4? I mean, I followed the instructions to the T!

EDIT: Tried putting my old _DS_MENU.DAT file from my previous firmware (YSMenu) onto the micro SD. It booted in japanese YSMenu, and not Coverflow.

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You're supposed to use the included ds_menu.dat that comes with DSCovered. (new name for Coverflow DS)

Use the one he included. It is 397kb.

3. Inunah
    OP

United States
    He didn't include one. I followed the instructions and got the version that didn't include it....

Fuck, I've gone and already switched back to YSMenu.... [​IMG]

EDIT: Wait, I found it. He just didn't include that in the directions.

4. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  5. Inunah
    OP

United States
    The final one came with an install guide that said use stuff not from the latest.

6. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Is there a precompiled version somewhere out there I could use???

I can't seem to compile this shit. Now i'm getting black screens.

7. Inunah
    OP

United States

I fixed something else, but now I get black bottom screen and highly pink upper screen with unmistakable coverflow appearance/text. I'm unable to select anything.

In all seriousness, I'll probably never get Coverflow if an auto compiler doesn't come out. I almost didn't get YSmenu for the exact same reason.

How do I fix this without starting over, anyway? I've already got my ROMs in the Micro SD and I'm not spending twenty minutes reloading them again.

8. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Sorry for multiple posting... For some reason editing stops working for me tonight after like 2 edits or something.....

But anyway..

I got Coverflow to work, but now it's not showing anything on the bottom screen! I do what the installation says about not seeing anything, and it doesn't fix it. There's not even a 'no cover' thing shown. It DOES show the theme, and it says UNKNOWN at the very bottom... But that's about it....

I can select 'play game' or whatever it is, but it loads YSMenu.nds

9. whitechief

Newcomer whitechief Newbie

Netherlands
    I got Coverflow to work, but now it's not showing anything on the bottom screen! I do what the installation says about not seeing anything, and it doesn't fix it. There's not even a 'no cover' thing shown. It DOES show the theme, and it says UNKNOWN at the very bottom... But that's about it....

I can select 'play game' or whatever it is, but it loads YSMenu.nds

where do i have to put the map with the covers???????
    [​IMG]

10. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    In Spinals download you will notice a windows utility called DScovery.exe. Run that on your PC. It should show your external drive (if plugged in) in the top left. Click on that (example: f:) and all your games will appear in the right hand pane. now just click update cart and your done. If any covers are missing you can use browse button and add them manually. You can also double click on the name in the name column and enter that manually if need be.

Note. DScovery.exe needs the data folder and covers folder in the same directory as the .exe or it will not work. This download recomended

11. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    Make sure you have /YSMenu.nds

12. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    If only someone could keep that file updated like Pong20302000's extinfo/infolib/savlib files, then I could just have my mini generator download that and put it all in a wondrous place and it would save people the trouble of not knowing what they are doing (since it opens up the Dscovery.exe after it finishes compiling the ysmenu and stuff). Plus they wouldn't have to worry about putting anything in wrong because it would be a drag-and-drop process (well it is a drag-and-drop process already...but obviously not very many people try my generator xD)

13. Halo-101

Member Halo-101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    use my guide to set it up for r4 or replace the r4 parts with your parts:

tinyurl.com/r4stillalive