Homebrew [Help / Assistance] Homebrew Crashing on 3DS (Exception Type: Data Abort)

Deleted member 491287

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Update* I've just decided to reinstall homebrew from my backup (I'll figure out the PKSM thing). Thank you to everyone who has read this!

Hello everyone (sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post to for help) I'm a complete noob to homebrewing.

To begin, I had been messing with the PKSM (backup) configuration file to get it to register my Twilight Menu ++ Pokemon saves. Also, in checkpoint I set it to where the Twilight Menu backup PKSM save was the one being loaded every time on startup (this is important). Anyways, for some reason the saves would never register, so I kept messing with the config file trying different paths. Editing the config file then putting it onto the SD (in the correct place), unplugging the microSD and putting it in the DS, booting up the DS and then PKSM, unplug the SD if it didn't work and then start the whole process over. Unfortunately though on one attempt it completely crashed my 3DS. In a (really) dumb move, I deleted the PKSM folder in checkpoint hoping it would undo the changes and reinstall PKSM to it's default. When that didn't work, I went to the SD card and searched for any file called "PKSM" and deleted them (hoping to uninstall the program entirely since my ds wouldn't get past the crash screen). That didn't work either.

I have the latest crash report if anyone wouldn't mind looking through it and helping me get this 3ds to boot up to the title screen again at the very least. Is it even fixable at this point? Luckily I have a (clean) backup of homebrew on my PC so if I have to start from scratch again then that's an option.

I also have a question about the flagbrew extra saves tool and what the proper way to install saves would be. The literal path to one of my game saves on my SD card is "F:\.NDS Games\saves\3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (US).sav". How should I enter that into the tool or config itself exactly? Because when I paste the path into the extra saves tool "file save path" option and view the new config, it adds an extra "\" to the path. Should I delete those slashes so there's only one slash? Should I also remove the "F:" too since it's a given that the file is located in the SD and not somewhere else?

Attachments

• Latest Crash File crash_dump_00000004.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by Deleted member 491287,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative