Hacking Help an idiot.. moved HBC to SD on 4.0.. can't get back or run HBC

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Title says all... I can't find any answer to this.. moved HBC channel on SD by mistake and now can't move it back to system or load from SD.. is there anything can be done to reverse..? I'm on 4.0U. I don't think I can reinstall HBC on 4.0 or downgrade since I can run HBC off SD?can I? What can be done if anything?

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
well, do u have a wad file of wad manager installed? cuz then u could reinstall it... otherwwise u might have to wait for the next exploit out there
frown.gif

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had wad manager 1.3 and one for ios16 installed before I transfer HBC to SD but How can I get to wad manager or that file if I can't get the Homebrew Channel to run? I mean they're still in apps/wad folder in sd. sorry If I'm misisng something... I'm still new at this.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bmon said:
I had wad manager 1.3 and one for ios16 installed before I transfer HBC to SD but How can I get to wad manager or that file if I can't get the Homebrew Channel to run? I mean they're still in apps/wad folder in sd. sorry If I'm misisng something... I'm still new at this.

if you had a wadmanager channel

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Do you have the patched IOS60 installed? If yes, download the HBC 1.01 dvd installer from kongnutz 4.0 hacks page. Burn it and install again.

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a wadmanager channel.. and don't think I installed patched ios60 installed... I'm screwed until new exploit comes out right? after installing necessary rev9installer I did the update to 4.0 using nintendo and not the waninkoko's 4.o update because it bricked one of my other wii.

assassda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bmon said:
I don't have a wadmanager channel.. and don't think I installed patched ios60 installed... I'm screwed until new exploit comes out right? after installing necessary rev9installer I did the update to 4.0 using nintendo and not the waninkoko's 4.o update because it bricked one of my other wii.
Do you have preloader?
Hold RESET and power on and then put wadmanager.dol on the root of your SD card and go to install file and then run installed file

Do you have a mod chip?
burn a homebrew disc

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
bmon said:
Do you have preloader?
Hold RESET and power on and then put wadmanager.dol on the root of your SD card and go to install file and then run installed file

Do you have a mod chip?
burn a homebrew disc

I have original wiikey installed for 2 years now. I'll try and report once I do "Hold RESET and power on and then put wadmanager.dol on the root of your SD card and go to install file and then run installed file" in a while...

How do I burn homebrew disk..I mean where can find iso or things I need to create a homebrew disk? I just downloaded wadmanager.iso(will try in few minutes) Is that the same thing or homebrew disk is different?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bmon said:
assassda said:
bmon said:
Do you have preloader?

Do you have a mod chip?
burn a homebrew disc

I have original wiikey installed for 2 years now. I'll try and report once I do "Hold RESET and power on and then put wadmanager.dol on the root of your SD card and go to install file and then run installed file" in a while...

How do I burn homebrew disk..I mean where can find iso or things I need to create a homebrew disk? I just downloaded wadmanager.iso(will try in few minutes) Is that the same thing or homebrew disk is different?

http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

Download your region Homebrewchannel ISO there. Burn it to a disk like any normal ISO, and plug it in your Wii.

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I've tried both things and still
frown.gif

On
1. Hold RESET and power on and then put wadmanager.dol on the root of your SD card and go to install file and then run installed file

Nothing happens. I don't see the wadmanager.dol install file (boot.dol) in SD. Is is because before this I didn't have a preloader installed?

2. Download your region Homebrewchannel ISO there. Burn it to a disk like any normal ISO, and plug it in your Wii.

I used that disk originally to install homebrew when I was on 3.1U initially. but on 4.0U when I put the disk and turn wii on I get a message "system files are corrupted.." OR If I insert disk after I'm at main menu , I get a message "error reading disk.. remove disk.. turn off wii ..see manual etc...)

I can see my homebrew channel on SD card (animated too) just can't run from SD or won't let me copy it to system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1