Hacking Question [Help] Accidentaly pressed update when launching a game now brick will pay $ to help fix

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentaly hit Update when launching zelda botw rather than start software anyway and i was panicking to hit the power button and cancel it but my switch restarted and now i beleive it is bricked because when i send fusee payload it goes for a bit and then black screen.

I updated to 8.0.1 when i got the switch

Put atmosphere on the switch. (the 2nd from the newest out right now)

everything ran smooth i even made a backup of my nand a month ago when i first got the switch and put cfw on it.

a month and a half down the road i accidentally pressed update rather than start software anyway when launching botw and it messed up my switch.

i just restored the nand and nothing still same problem. are there any guides i can follow???

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different payload? I would suggest trying Hekate.
i am booted into hekate but i did not hold down the volume button to go to the menu it just showed the kosmos screen and went straight to the menu where you use the volume and power button to select different options.

Rymrgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i am booted into hekate but i did not hold down the volume button to go to the menu it just showed the kosmos screen and went straight to the menu where you use the volume and power button to select different options.
That's probably because you have auto RCM, it sounds like you don't have all the correct files for your jailbreak on your card, I would go ahead and redownload them and make sure everything is there and in the correct place.

Reactions: macadoodledee

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably because you have auto RCM, it sounds like you don't have all the correct files for your jailbreak on your card, I would go ahead and redownload them and make sure everything is there and in the correct place.
ok so i downloaded the latest hekate software off git hub and pasted and over wrote the files and sent the 5.0.1 hekate payload over but now i am stuck on AtlasNX KOSMOS screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and yes i do have Auto RCM enabled its been enabled since the start but not on my backed up nand from the first time i got the switch

if anyone can skype or facebook messenger and help me i will pay through cashapp because my switch is like my theraputical thing i need it bad than most think for several of my mental illnesses that keep me sane when i have my moments i play my switch. not asking for sympathy just help.

Ok so now i pressed a volume key and im at this screen where it says Launch, more configs, payloads, emuMMC
looks like hekates new screen thing in black and cyan green color now what? gonna make a chocolate milkshake it calms me down i promise im not trolling sweets calm me down i have a mild form of schizophrenia

i also have a 128 gb sd card

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i clicked the update when i launched zelda and then panicked and pressed the power button i currupted the new firmware it was trying to install?
if that is the case how can i manually reinstall the newest firmware? maybe that will work?

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG THANK YOU FATE6 i booted the payload hekate 5.0.1 then when on the switch i chose the fusee primary and now im in! and thank you RYMRGRAND.

Please PM Me of how you would like to be paid and i will! Paypal, Cashapp, googlepay, snapcash, facebook cash anything you can think of! and i will figure out how to link my debit card and get you your money for the tech support! if i cant get you the money tonight i can forsure get half my check early using EVEN app on my phone that allows me to instantly pick up my cash. its a walmart thing. <3

system says i am still on 8.0.1 (AMS 0.92)

idk how to make pms

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah don't worry about any payment just enjoy some games.
You are very Humble, and im sure a really great person. I am happy we crossed paths as you have helped someone you dont even know, Shows alot of character! i Just didnt want your effort to go without some sort of appreciation.

[SOLVED]
Just had to Restore my Clean Nand, Put the latest Atmosphere And Hekate CFW's on my SD card. Then booted the payload Hekate 5.0.1 then on the switch go to payloads and boot from payload Fusee.

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you will need sigpatchs to play and instal games
oh dont worry i ran into that problem long ago and got all my sig patches. thank you though :)

i usually just update my games through gold leaf if its an .NSP but if its an XCI i use Tinfoil

Reactions: ucef

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea how to run Captain Toad cuz all it says is update software to play. Doesn’t give any other option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1