Homebrew [HELP] 2ds on 6.0U FW, can go to 9.9 via SSB

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I get a reliable browserhax to downgrade/upgrade to 9.2 from 6.0 (shipped) or 9.9 (can get from SSB) to be able to install RxTools?
I tried sliderhax on 6.0 with starter pack and it crashes at yellow screen every time, sometimes even without color change. I CAN go to 9.9 to try that, but I've seen people told that they need to update to use browser, starting on 9.9... I don't want to risk it. Any foolproof way of getting RxTools and being on 9.2? Like, get RxTools on 6.0 and update afterwards somehow directly or get browserhax working to use sysupdater on 9.9 or 6.0..?? I could probably get 7.2 from Pokemon AS and 6.1 from Pokemon X.

I have a second 2dd on 10.5 which is useless to me because I can't downgrade. I bought this 2ds today so I can get RxTools.. But I'm on 6.0 and don't know what to do.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! (May or may not be going offline shortly after posting so please post help so I can see in the morning)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 9.2 using SysUpdater.
Use MSET to launch RxTools then launch Pasta Mode from RxTools advanced menu. From there, run SysUpdater and update to 9.2 using the upgrade pack from that ISO site.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated my 6.0 2DS using smash4 rev2 cart and installed menuhax just fine. also smash4 is 9.2, not 9.9.

not to mention there's a bug with rxTools and 6.0 2DS: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues/316
PastaCFW MSET can be used instead to update to 9.2 via SysUpdater, that has no 2DS issues on 6.0 that I am aware of. Also, not all Smash carts have 9.2, like the OP mentioned his was on 9.9 so yours being on 9.2 does no good unless you want to sell your cart or let him/her borrow it.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PastaCFW MSET can be used instead to update to 9.2 via SysUpdater, that has no 2DS issues on 6.0 that I am aware of. Also, not all Smash carts have 9.2, like the OP mentioned his was on 9.9 so yours being on 9.2 does no good unless you want to sell your cart or let him/her borrow it.

the 9.9 update is only for EU carts. the US carts have 8.1 or 9.2. based on his profile, pretty sure he would have a US cart.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How would I get a reliable browserhax to downgrade/upgrade to 9.2 from 6.0 (shipped) or 9.9 (can get from SSB) to be able to install RxTools?
I tried sliderhax on 6.0 with starter pack and it crashes at yellow screen every time, sometimes even without color change. I CAN go to 9.9 to try that, but I've seen people told that they need to update to use browser, starting on 9.9... I don't want to risk it. Any foolproof way of getting RxTools and being on 9.2? Like, get RxTools on 6.0 and update afterwards somehow directly or get browserhax working to use sysupdater on 9.9 or 6.0..?? I could probably get 7.2 from Pokemon AS and 6.1 from Pokemon X.

I have a second 2dd on 10.5 which is useless to me because I can't downgrade. I bought this 2ds today so I can get RxTools.. But I'm on 6.0 and don't know what to do.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! (May or may not be going offline shortly after posting so please post help so I can see in the morning)
sliderhax crashes because *hax only works on firmwares 9.0 and up. You don't need sliderhax to boot rxTools, rxTools can launch through the old spider exploit. This is the URL to launch rxtools nightlies through the browser: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 9.9 update is only for EU carts. the US carts have 8.1 or 9.2. based on his profile, pretty sure he would have a US cart.
I do indeed have a card I bought in USA, but it does tell me to install 9.9... Strange eh?

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks everyone for the help, I managed to install RxTools 2.5 on 6.0, updated emuNAND to 10.5, updated sysNAND to 9.2, tried to install menuhax (only tried launching once) it didn't launch when holding L. And I can't boot RxTools 3.0, it just closes browser and gives an error. Tried multiple times with history and cookies cleared. Will try RxTools from HBL when I'm home.

Update: RxTools 2.5 works still, is there a way for me to install a RxTools CIA and launch from that so I can boot 3.0? Or a fix for the menuhax not launching? It might just be that the button is changed or I just let it boot without holding anything. Not sure. I used the starter pack from the RxTools tutorial I saw on this forum.

Update #2: I managed to launch RxTools nightly from its .3dsx using CtrBootManager. Can also boot to HBL from that as well.

Last edited by Ayukito,
Reactions: GalladeGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT