Hacking Help 1st SX OS then all of a sudden Hekate.

onlyamiga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I'm new in the Nintendo Switch and CFW.

First to explain what I did:
I installed SX OS with an RCM Loader Dongle.
Everything worked here without any problems, I already could install backups from my Cardridges, start em and get to the HB Menu with Album+R

Then I probably did something wrong with SX Installer or Tools or whatever, I've no idea.... probably I installed the Hekate bootloader because next what happened was that the Switch turned of with an error.

When I started again nothing happened.
So I put in the RCM Loader Dongle again where I got then this Hekate Starter Screen with the warning "Sleep mode library is missing"

Here I've now learned that I need to install some bootloader folder on the SD, what I did.

So now I can start the switch only with the RCM Loader Dongle attached and the get this Kosmos Hekate Athmosphere Logo, but when it has booted I can't get to any HB channel with Album + R can't access the before installed games.

Any help is really appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Fabian

onlyamiga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And how can I get back to SX OS now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cause as said. I can't boot without the Dongle anymore + then the Album+R option is not working anymore.
I would like to get back SX OS and start without the dongle as it was after the installation of SX OS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cause as said. I can't boot without the Dongle anymore + then the Album+R option is not working anymore.
I would like to get back SX OS and start without the dongle as it was after the installation of SX OS.

You would still need the dongle if you don't have an internal mod chip, so figure out what payload it is sending first since your dongle can handle multiple payload.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

I have no idea how to change it or how does your setup actually work.

onlyamiga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I know that I am not allowed to turn it off completly - otherwise I would need to put in the RCM Loader again.. When I use standby I dont need the RCM Loader anymore. So do I need some kind of SX payload? Or what do I have to do?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I know that I am not allowed to turn it off completly - otherwise I would need to put in the RCM Loader again.. When I use standby I dont need the RCM Loader anymore. So do I need some kind of SX payload? Or what do I have to do?

You would still need the dongle every time you shut off the switch, you can use Hekate as it is a bootloader, put the SXOS.bin in the bootloader/payloads folder on your switch point what to boot from there.

onlyamiga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Currently? The switch only booting with the RCM Loader Dongle. When I take out the SD Card and start I receive the "Sleep mode library is missing" message again and can you through this menu which gives me options like "Launch", "Options", "Tools", "Console Info", "Reboot normal", "Reboot cfw", etc..

I don't have any sxos.bin :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently? The switch only booting with the RCM Loader Dongle. When I take out the SD Card and start I receive the "Sleep mode library is missing" message again and can you through this menu which gives me options like "Launch", "Options", "Tools", "Console Info", "Reboot normal", "Reboot cfw", etc..

Unless you can get the rcm loader dongle to boot into SX OS directly, you have to put the SX OS Loader bin file inside Bootloader/Payloads, and boot.dat and license on the root of the sd card. You would use launch the go to payloads and launch sx os from there.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how anyone can make this clearer for you. Your dongle supports multiple payloads. It likely has an SXOS and Hekate payload in it. Usually there's a button you press to cycle through your payloads. You're booting the wrong payload. Either give more info about exactly which dongle you have or read the manual for the dongle.

onlyamiga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is how it looks like...

Thanks this comment helped a little I guess.... So I turn off the Switch... push the button on the dongle and probably after some tries my SX OS is back?

Sorry for asking such absolutly noob questions...

Attachments

• 275062-1_900x.jpg
    275062-1_900x.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 141

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Shame on me, yup it was the button on the Dongle.
Thanks guys, sorry for these noob questions....

yup was going to say I have one of those and you need to press the button on the dongle.. red flashing light means SX OS payload, white is other payload.. cant recall what other colours mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1