Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just edit your hekate config to chainload fusee, you wont have any issues.
That's what I did for my Switch and two of my friend's Switches and it actually gave them the red error screen.
That's what I'm/we're talking about.

All three of us (my friends and me) have this line in hekate:
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

That chainloads vanilla Atmosphère just fine but Tinfoil is only working for me (maybe because I have a valid SX OS licence on my SD?) but it does not for my two friends. They get the red screen (they don't have a SX OS licence).
I can assure that they don't have any KOSMOS stuff on their cards.
I just downloaded them vanilla Atmosphère, vanilla hekate, sigpatches and added an option with the above mentioned line for them to boot into vanilla Atmosphère.
So please fix that.

Goldleaf => No batch NSP installs. Still, after all this time. No go when I need to install hundreds of GBs of games overnight.
Goldleaf can batch install NSP files for ages although I have to admit it's a bit hidden. Only got to know about that feature thanks to a post on gbatemp back then.
I don't remember it clearly but I think you have to press Y on a folder to install all NSPs in there.

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's what I did for my Switch and two of my friend's Switches and it actually gave them the red error screen.

That chainloads vanilla Atmosphère just fine but Tinfoil is only working for me (maybe because I have a valid SX OS licence on my SD?) but it does not for my two friends. They get the red screen (they don't have a SX OS licence).
I just downloaded them vanilla Atmosphère, vanilla hekate, sigpatches and added an option with the above mentioned line for them to boot into vanilla Atmosphère.
So please fix that.

Goldleaf can batch install NSP files for ages although I have to admit it's a bit hidden. Only got to know about that feature thanks to a post on gbatemp back then.
I don't remember it clearly but I think you have to press Y on a folder to install all NSPs in there.
Maybe you downloaded Hekate sigpatches? If so, just delete patches.ini inside the bootloader folder you don't need Hekate sigpatches if youre booting with fusee-primary. That said, it would be nice if we could just use fss0, @blawar you said you would remove the checks if there is no pack that uses fss0. Now that MultiFruit is gone, why not remove them? I would appreciate it

Reactions: lordelan

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you downloaded Hekate sigpatches? If so, just delete patches.ini inside the bootloader folder you don't need Hekate sigpatches if youre booting with fusee-primary. That said, it would be nice if we could just use fss0, @blawar you said you would remove the checks if there is no pack that uses fss0. Now that MultiFruit is gone, why not remove them? I would appreciate it

There are currently two packs that are still doing it, sdfiles being one of them. In Kosmos' vacuum, other people are trying to go down the same path. Therefore the checks stay in, at least for now.

GatoFiestero

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
HBG Freeshop download link is not working. It's a little suspicious. Do you want everyone to use Tinfoil?

Please fix the broken url or someone provide a mirror.

Last edited by GatoFiestero,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

So please fix that.

I tried that but it doesn't work with USB installs. Copying the files to the MicroSD card isn't really an option when I'm trying to fill it all the way up with games.
Just edit your hekate config to chainload fusee, you wont have any issues.
I already said why I'm not doing that. You might have your reasons for not liking Hekate, but I have my reasons for not liking Fusee.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned earlier some trouble installing stuff from shops, turning ON "convert to standard crypto" seems to have fixed it. Give it a try if you are having similar issues.

WarSpaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@blawar
Is there any way to password protect tinfoil?
I'm just afraid the kids will mess with settings, incognito and stuff, so would be great to be able to put a password on it.
Cheers

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar
Is there any way to password protect tinfoil?
I'm just afraid the kids will mess with settings, incognito and stuff, so would be great to be able to put a password on it.
Cheers

Parental Mode exists, requires a license though.

WarSpaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Parental Mode exists, requires a license though.
Got a licence, so that's not an issue.
I thought parental mode only was for sorting out like violent games, but I'll make sure to test it out.
Thanks!

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a licence, so that's not an issue.
I thought parental mode only was for sorting out like violent games, but I'll make sure to test it out.
Thanks!

It also disables the advanced stuff kids should not have access to. Let me know if I missed something and I can fix it. Parental mode is intended to be "hand the switch to the kid and not worry about them breaking anything" mode.

Reactions: WarSpaz

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it normal, that new games (sort by newest to oldest) only shows a bunch of numbers nsz file? And these files not showing any date?

Also, if I sort New Updates and new DLC alphabetically, it doesn't show alphabetically. Really annoying.

Edit: New games section seems ok now..

Last edited by 1basti1,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is that supposed to work? I’ve never used thehbgshop on pc. It works on my switch, though. Just loaded it up.

uh its the website you get hbg shop from

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@blawar sorry for quoting you but if i try to visit the HBG Shop site it errors out. is there a problem on the site or am i only one

Screenshot_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: