Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think the PS3 scene was as bad. It had less code thefts and was less commercialized (at least is now as you don't need hardware downgraders on 4.82).
Yeah but the true lack of homebrew games/ports and more native emulators like what the PSP usually out of the blue gets a bunch.

Yeah i know the PS3 did had a few and nowadays has RetroArch but when was the last update it was ever touched upon since?

Every developer on there outside of the typically "backup" piracy loaders and the bazillion custom firmware groups making the same shit but with different names and slight different features were and still are goddamn lazy!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

bandithedoge

Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah but the true lack of homebrew games/ports and more native emulators like what the PSP usually out of the blue gets a bunch.

Yeah i know the PS3 did had a few and nowadays has RetroArch but when was the last update it was ever touched upon since?

Every developer on there outside of the typically "backup" piracy loaders and the bazillion custom firmware groups making the same shit but with different names and slight different features were and still are goddamn lazy!

The PS3 port of RetroArch is constantly updated, since updates release on all platforms at the same time. When you have a full port of RetroArch with a lot of cores, you don't need any more emulators, not to mention the built-in PS1 emulator is perfect and runs pretty much everything. The only PS3 CFW worth using is Rebug since the rest are abandoned or rarely updated. But really, Ferrox exists only for beginners. Of course people are developing backup loaders, what else would you expect from a console hacking scene? At least they don't play innocent anti-piracy angels and know what group of users they're exactly targeting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Not all PS3 homebrew is piracy and emulation. What about Movian, the PS3's media center? Or the various system utilities like PS3XPAD and XMB Lock? Or the awesome themes, coldboots, waves and fonts?

Last edited by bandithedoge,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on a recent announcement by hbg, they sound like their stargatenx, when the post talks about maintenance.I really think this free shop is a bad idea especially when you will need to change a config file, which is going to require opening a computer.

Last edited by fst312,
Reactions: Switch_Maniac

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 port of RetroArch is constantly updated, since updates release on all platforms at the same time. When you have a full port of RetroArch with a lot of cores, you don't need any more emulators, not to mention the built-in PS1 emulator is perfect and runs pretty much everything. The only PS3 CFW worth using is Rebug since the rest are abandoned or rarely updated. But really, Ferrox exists only for beginners. Of course people are developing backup loaders, what else would you expect from a console hacking scene? At least they don't play innocent anti-piracy angels and know what group of users they're exactly targeting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Not all PS3 homebrew is piracy and emulation. What about Movian, the PS3's media center? Or the various system utilities like PS3XPAD and XMB Lock? Or the awesome themes, coldboots, waves and fonts?
Now while those are good points you've made, when was the last time Movian was ever updated?...

Everything on there has outdated and mostly dead links nowadays so i wouldn't praise that homebrew software way too much honestly.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is hbg free shop down , it worked yesterday but i opned it now and the New games options is gone !

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is hbg free shop down , it worked yesterday but i opned it now and the New games options is gone !
There’s another config file to download or redownload on announcements channel. I’m not going to bother with it though because I don’t feel like opening my computer right now and chances are you will need a new one again by tomorrow.

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There’s another config file to download or redownload on announcements channel. I’m not going to bother with it though because I don’t feel like opening my computer right now and chances are you will need a new one again by tomorrow.
yeap already got it , its useless if you have to chnge it everytime

Reactions: fst312

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So ...
The Caligula Effect xci and update came out yesterday and its available for download . Many people say that because hbg shop is out the scene is ruined , and there was not going to be anymore available updates games or dlc ?? Guess they were wrong

Reactions: Subtle Demise

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So ...
The Caligula Effect xci and update came out yesterday and its available for download . Many people say that because hbg shop is out the scene is ruined , and there was not going to be anymore available updates games or dlc ?? Guess they were wrong
One game, huh? Pretty solid evidence, you're right. Bombfall also came out yesterday, seen that one yet?

Reactions: terraplen

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually, I'm on emunand 6.2.0 with various nsp installed on emunand (backups of my own cartridges of course).
Before using emunand, i have already installed NSP in my NAND (not emunand at the time).
I never connected my console on the internet …
Do I have to use DDNS to avoid Big N servers ?
I will probably be banned once connected to the net even using ddns right ?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the Switch scene is the most toxic because it's more popular ? I don't know, just a simple thought I had ...
Used to get almost all my links on /hbg/ but they shouldn't have released that. It did more harm than good and whatever, I just prefer to use my good old fiber to download on my PC via Ethernet and install through USB, it's way faster.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the Switch scene is the most toxic because it's more popular ? I don't know, just a simple thought I had ...
Used to get almost all my links on /hbg/ but they shouldn't have released that. It did more harm than good and whatever, I just prefer to use my good old fiber to download on my PC via Ethernet and install through USB, it's way faster.
Well the PS3 and PS Vita scenes was toxic too and those aren't as mega popular as the switch...

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well the PS3 and PS Vita scenes was toxic too and those aren't as mega popular as the switch...

Yea but I just feel like people here are saying that the scene is toxic asf just because of some people doing shitty things and I think it's unfair to all the people developping really good stuff, and there's a lot of people doing good stuff
So overall, I would say that nah, the scene is not the "most toxic scene" at all

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if more popular means more children in the scene, then yes that is why it is more toxic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So ...

so yeah two games have been released this week.. where are all the updates and DLC that NOT-CDN also used to release? Are HBG going to take over (take over? ha!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk