Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why are people saying this completely makes getting games now only viable through scene releases?
Like what the fuck, most users can now dump NSPs and carts, how the fuck are we limited to scene only releases?
Please don't spread misinformation, warez and user dumped releases are by the dozen nowadays.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job. You've got Nintendo's attention to get this shutdown and you've upset the upstream providers.
Exactly my thoughts! Snitchin ass folks i swear lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SXOS, StargateNX and now this...

This only confirms my theory that the Switch scene is probably the most toxic console hacking scene. Please get these people out of here.
Better act now before this turns into a PlayStation 3 scene...

Reactions: matias3ds

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously, using Discord as some sort of warez server is kinda idiotic to say the least.
If you really want to have a server where you can download games from using a hombrew app, then do so in a server settled in a country where Nintendo's bullshit legal policies do nothing but tickles.
Go for a Russian or Chinese server.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys seriously think Nintendo doesn't already know about every single discord and every single group/stash/homebrew/whatever, you are seriously mistaken. They are not as stupid as you think.
This is so true. They were already aware of the cdn dumping by the scene groups since they started doing that as well. It seems a lot of people on here think that Nintendo gets their scene news from gbatemp as if this thread just let the cat out of the bag.

Reactions: isoisoiso

MRTMW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, using Discord as some sort of warez server is kinda idiotic to say the least.
If you really want to have a server where you can download games from using a hombrew app, then do so in a server settled in a country where Nintendo's bullshit legal policies do nothing but tickles.
Go for a Russian or Chinese server.

Even then, Discord is located in the US and servers like that will be taken down. Location of the server doesn't matter.

Reactions: Ann0ying

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even then, Discord is located in the US and servers like that will be taken down. Location of the server doesn't matter.
It does when the country in which the server is located is not suitable for legal warnings.
I am not talking about a Chinese Discord server, drop Discord altogether, using any kind of app that has any ties to US legal grounds will for sure get nuked very soon.
That's why I said Asian servers (not Japan), as they tend to not care for legal policies of whatever is being hosted.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think they meant hosting/serving the files on a server that operates in Russia or China, not referring to Discord directly.

Also good taste in dc tv(pfp)

Last edited by JonJaded,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this basically for the heck of it, I’m not for or against the idea of someone making something that is sort of like a free shop but I already got the games I would play way before this came out and refuse to download whatever game is on the list just because it’s easy access from the switch. Back in the wii days I will admit I did download games I didn’t even bother to play.

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Why are people saying this completely makes getting games now only viable through scene releases?
Like what the fuck, most users can now dump NSPs and carts, how the fuck are we limited to scene only releases?
Please don't spread misinformation, warez and user dumped releases are by the dozen nowadays.

Where's your contribution then? Not team dumped and released hundreds of games and updates themselves, and like 5% at best were keys supplied by the community. So good luck on that.

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most users can dump games, but they do not. There's literally a handful of people dumping roms, other people are just uploading the roms that others are dumping. A lot of roms have been released because of communities having a donation pool. So how about you don't spread misinformation "warez and user dumped releases are by the dozen" is a false statement when talking about Nintendo Switch software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...