Hardware HBC does not read my fat32 partition

atmaxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that there is another thread with same problem but i wanted to give a detailed descrtiption of how it is for me.

When i ran the hackmii installer today everything went good, upgraded HBC and bootmii (boot2). Then when i started HBC i pressed 1 to open up options and make it load apps from USB (I keep all my apps on a fat32 partition on my external hard drive). Pressed 1 again to get out of the options but it was still loading from the SD. I went to options again and see that the “load apps from USB” button is unpresssable and no longer lit up.

So I restart my wii but go directly to HBC from boootmii this time and open options. The “load apps from USB” button is lit up for about 2 secs then blackens out. To test if something was wrong with the HDD I put configurable USB loader on my SD to see if I could still play from it, and the games ran perfectly.

Loading the apps from USB worked perfect in 1.0.6. My HDD is a HP Personal Media Drive 320GB, the fat32 partition is first, prymary and active(see screenshot). The only solution i see is to “downgrade” my HBC to 1.0.6 but ofcourse, I would like to use 1.0.7.

Screenshot from EASEUS
easeus.jpg

Screenshot from Windows drive manager (in swedish, but i think you wil understand it)
whyyyyyy.jpg

Please help me, if you need more info about anything just ask here and I will do what i can to provide it.

Nurvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a little experimenting, and it looks like HBC 1.07 won't load from USB if an SD card is inserted. The configuration settings seem to be borked. I wish I knew about this earlier.
tongue.gif

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
biggrin.gif
That´s funny! This HBC update seems so nice, but it also have this silly error..

Good to know this workaround!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol +1