HBC does not read my fat32 partition

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by atmaxx, Aug 7, 2010.

1. atmaxx
    OP

atmaxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2010
    I know that there is another thread with same problem but i wanted to give a detailed descrtiption of how it is for me.

When i ran the hackmii installer today everything went good, upgraded HBC and bootmii (boot2). Then when i started HBC i pressed 1 to open up options and make it load apps from USB (I keep all my apps on a fat32 partition on my external hard drive). Pressed 1 again to get out of the options but it was still loading from the SD. I went to options again and see that the “load apps from USB” button is unpresssable and no longer lit up.

So I restart my wii but go directly to HBC from boootmii this time and open options. The “load apps from USB” button is lit up for about 2 secs then blackens out. To test if something was wrong with the HDD I put configurable USB loader on my SD to see if I could still play from it, and the games ran perfectly.

Loading the apps from USB worked perfect in 1.0.6. My HDD is a HP Personal Media Drive 320GB, the fat32 partition is first, prymary and active(see screenshot). The only solution i see is to “downgrade” my HBC to 1.0.6 but ofcourse, I would like to use 1.0.7.

Screenshot from EASEUS
    [​IMG]

Screenshot from Windows drive manager (in swedish, but i think you wil understand it)
    [​IMG]

Please help me, if you need more info about anything just ask here and I will do what i can to provide it.

2. Nurvus

Nurvus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2010
    Canada
    I did a little experimenting, and it looks like HBC 1.07 won't load from USB if an SD card is inserted. The configuration settings seem to be borked. I wish I knew about this earlier. [​IMG]

3. atmaxx
    OP

atmaxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2010
    [​IMG] Thank you so much, now its working flawlessly again. [​IMG]

4. cacildo

cacildo Went and came back

Jan 20, 2009
    Burkina Faso
    [​IMG] That´s funny! This HBC update seems so nice, but it also have this silly error..

Good to know this workaround!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice