Hacking HBC 1.0.8 Update

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
Since patched IOS and cIOS are banned, how to install my own channel without those?
I guess we have to wait for someone to revamp a channel installer eh ?? Would be real nice if we had one of those. Kinda makes me feel like the scene is starting over
smile.gif
I wonder when apps start popping up if I'm going to get all warm and fuzzy inside again like before.
laugh.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Eh use the possibility of the AHBPROT feature and write a WAD Manager that uses it and honestly don´t do as there is no way to still get Dop-Mii or whatever cIOS. They only deleted these stuff from wiibrew wiki it´s not like you have no way to get them at all.

PS: Honestly peoples should stop this pointless complaining the apps are still out there (as i said) just not on wiibrew and cIOS´s weren´t anyway allowed on wiibrew.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Eh use the possibility of the AHBPROT feature and write a WAD Manager that uses it and honestly don´t do as there is no way to still get Dop-Mii or whatever cIOS. They only deleted these stuff from wiibrew wiki it´s not like you have no way to get them at all.

PS: Honestly peoples should stop this pointless complaining the apps are still out there (as i said) just not on wiibrew and cIOS´s weren´t anyway allowed on wiibrew.
I don't have any cios on my wii bro, I'm not going to have any on there, I need a channel installer that uses AHBPROT. period.

EDIT: for those of you who know me, You know I got more than 2 wii's
wink.gif
I'm talking about my virgin wii.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
sorgelig said:
Since patched IOS and cIOS are banned, how to install my own channel without those?
I guess we have to wait for someone to revamp a channel installer eh ?? Would be real nice if we had one of those. Kinda makes me feel like the scene is starting over
smile.gif
I wonder when apps start popping up if I'm going to get all warm and fuzzy inside again like before.
laugh.gif

I wish they would hurry up, it is annoying not having any brick protection (Priiloader), wad manager, or usb loading. I guess I should just go out and buy a new system that supports bootmii as boot2 if Priiloader isn't updated soon.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
did I miss something? Why does priiloader need to be updated????

edit: that's my nice way of saying... wtf r u talking about??

Because Priiloader relies on a CIOS instead of HW_AHBPROT.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
well, technically only the priiloader installer needs to be updated. Priiloader itself does not need a cIOS.

And I don't understand why the fuss to totally purge cIOSs all of a sudden. Everyone is going to continue using them until the scene catches up with using HW_AHBPROT (and possibly even still afterwards).

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
well, technically only the priiloader installer needs to be updated. Priiloader itself does not need a cIOS.

And I don't understand why the fuss to totally purge cIOSs all of a sudden. Everyone is going to continue using them until the scene catches up with using HW_AHBPROT (and possibly even still afterwards).

and here is the word of Daco :

cios should die and if you check the source of the installer it says he dislikes the ios patches but are the only way of installing without an exploit of your own.
that being said; he now uses the stuff of HW_AHBPROT.

HOWEVER,
since system menu doesn't have this right he has a few issues with booting applications that WILL require it ( like the installer for updates or any applications to come that will use it )
and his code isn't stable yet (3 wii's tested, 2 worked , 1 failed and caused a "brick" ).

also, forget priiloader updating. his old site is gone. his irc channel (#priiloader @ efnet) however now says www.dacotaco.com so im guessing his updates are there now too... (can't confirm that tho)

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed HBC 1.08 via XFlak's NUS Auto Downloader 4.2.1. Everything works great except for the Homebrew Browser. I get a scrolling screen of "Unable to mount SD card" and "Unable to mount USB device" on two different Wii's with two different USB hard drives. User Choked mentioned they had a solution in their signature earlier in this thread but I cannot locate this solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! And thanks again XFlak!

Abner

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
nl255 said:
I wish they would hurry up, it is annoying not having any brick protection (Priiloader), wad manager, or usb loading. I guess I should just go out and buy a new system that supports bootmii as boot2 if Priiloader isn't updated soon.

I'm under the impression that you think the apps you mentioned (Priiloader, Wad manager, USB Loaders) don't work with the new homebrew channel 1.08.

All apps that used to work still work (AFAIK) but apps that use cios or patches ios are now no longer at Wiibrew.

So summing up you still have brick protection because you haven't lost priiloader!

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
celeb23 said:
I installed HBC 1.08 via XFlak's NUS Auto Downloader 4.2.1. Everything works great except for the Homebrew Browser. I get a scrolling screen of "Unable to mount SD card" and "Unable to mount USB device" on two different Wii's with two different USB hard drives. User Choked mentioned they had a solution in their signature earlier in this thread but I cannot locate this solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! And thanks again XFlak!

Abner
Solution to the scrolling screen of homebrew browser ??? me?? no I think you are mistaken by saying I mentioned anything about a solution in my signature bro. !It wasn't me !!!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
luminalace said:
nl255 said:

I'm under the impression that you think the apps you mentioned (Priiloader, Wad manager, USB Loaders) don't work with the new homebrew channel 1.08.

All apps that used to work still work (AFAIK) but apps that use cios or patches ios are now no longer at Wiibrew.

So summing up you still have brick protection because you haven't lost priiloader!

Are you sure they all work fine and won't cause any problems later (such as bricking or being locked out of HBC)? If so then I will go ahead and reinstall the cioses and Priiloader/wad manager/cfgloader.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-installed Priiloader and it works fine for me (using cIOS 249 rev 20) on 1.0.8. Wii has not bricked yet and Homebrew works fine even on 4.3U WAN. However updating the Priiloader was a bit tricky (press A and + the first time then let it re-install a second time; not what the instructions say because it wil crash). After this Priiloader will work fine and your Wii should not brick whatsoever.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
smashdude said:
I re-installed Priiloader and it works fine for me (using cIOS 249 rev 20) on 1.0.8. Wii has not bricked yet and Homebrew works fine even on 4.3U WAN. However updating the Priiloader was a bit tricky (press A and + the first time then let it re-install a second time; not what the instructions say because it wil crash). After this Priiloader will work fine and your Wii should not brick whatsoever.
sure sounds like you are using priiloader 0.1

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope I am using the BETA version. Trust me it was a bitch to figure out how to install it but once installed do NOT forget how you installed it. Priiloader even reads without my SD card being plugged in. And cIOS 249 seems to work fine for me too.

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
celeb23 said:

Abner
Solution to the scrolling screen of homebrew browser ??? me?? no I think you are mistaken by saying I mentioned anything about a solution in my signature bro. !It wasn't me !!!

Sorry, I misunderstood post #153 of this thread. Anyone else have any ideas why the Homebrew Browser no longer works as it did under HBC 1.07?

Thanks!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nl255 said:
Are you sure they all work fine and won't cause any problems later (such as bricking or being locked out of HBC)? If so then I will go ahead and reinstall the cioses and Priiloader/wad manager/cfgloader.

There is zero chance of Team Twiizers purposefully bricking your Wii or locking you out of HBC because of what you have installed.
The only thing you have to fear is the people who have been spreading rumours that they will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1