HBC 1.0.8 Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SifJar, Aug 14, 2010.

Aug 14, 2010

HBC 1.0.8 Update by SifJar at 3:58 PM (62,938 Views / 0 Likes) 493 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    HBC has been updated, see here: http://hackmii.com/2010/08/the-usb2-release/

More info: HBC now uses IOS58 if possible for USB 2.0 support. All apps which install cIOS or patched IOS of any kind are being removed from WiiBrew as patched IOS are no longer necessary because of HW_AHBPROT allowing full hardware access and USB 2.0 support via IOS58.

2. killplaystation

Member killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. GHBAimen

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
  4. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Thanks for posting m8 [​IMG]

I wonder if they sorted a couple of bugs I've heard about.

1 - clicking "return to wii menu" doesn't work and sometimes needs several retries.
    2 - some HDD that were 100% working in HBC sometimes don't load when pushin 1 and trying to load from them. sometimes this needs several retries, or sometimes you must reload the HBC again, which sometimes leads to (1) above.

5. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well, according to the post, some USB bugs have been fixed.

6. Kryptical

Member Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Nice post. Thanks for the info!

7. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
  8. bjorno

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    sounds good [​IMG]

9. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I merged your topic in this one, thesund0g

10. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Sorry, I just did an inline search for 1.0.8 on the 1st page, missed this post. [​IMG]

11. Barbapapa

Newcomer Barbapapa Member

Netherlands
    I'm on an official 4.3E (through nintendo's updater)
    And on 1.0.8 -> still upside down and mirrored. Even after an uninstall and reinstall.

Isnt it supposed to be mirrored only after installing cIOS and stuff? 4.3 overwrote everything if I am correct. So why is this channel still upside down? SO annoying and SO unnecessary.

12. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Did you have darkcrap or cioscrap? If so, 4.3 wouldn't overwrite that. Install a clean IOS58 WAD with a WAD installer.

13. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just how full hardware access are we talking? Truly full?

So, one could make a wad manager that is capable of installing unsigned content, and doesn't need a custom IOS if they used this new access method?

14. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Yes full. The hackmii post is quite clear about it: http://hackmii.com/2009/08/of-tmds-and-hardware/ (seems to me that a lot of people didn't understand it bak then)

But without IOS functions it is extremely risky to install anything. So I wouldn't trust such an installer from anyone but the twiizers themselfs... or maybe crediar.

15. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    im soooo tired of hearing about the anit-"Warez" or anti-piracy stance from devs.

YOU ARE NOT ROBIN HOOD. Nintendo will not help you pay your electric bill when you are broke. If someone pirates, thats on them but its gay to act holier than thou and drop apps that use a cIOS.

Coders: do what you need to do, I greatly appreciate your work, I would be happy if you continue but come on. The HBC is the ONE factor that leads to piracy on the Wii. Trying to make up for it is pointless.

If HBC was not created, there would be no piracy on the Wii. Again great work.

16. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes. But I don't know whether anyone with the knowledge and skill to do such a thing would, considering the only things a WAD Manager is necessary for are:

1. Installing warez
    2. Installing patched IOS
    3. Installing custom channels

And most of the highest people in the scene, who undoubtedly have the knowledge to pull this off, are very much against number 1, and number 2 is now deemed unnecessary. They probably wouldn't do it just for number 3 either,especially considering you can easily autoboot to HBC and load apps faster than booting System Menu and loading a custom channel.

17. Tom191

Banned Tom191 Banned

Canada
    I'm sure it isn't this simple, but could we use the wadmanager that was modified for cboot2 to be launched with the new version of HBC to be able to install wads? I know we can no matter what if the wads are official nintendo signed wads, but what if they are fakesigned. I doubt it would work but worth a try with HBC's new features.

18. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Yes we can. But then again we could always do that...
    We just choose not to, since TBR is easier...

19. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, the way I see it, if you want to completely replace what a cIOS is useful for, you have to provide a replacement for all of its main functions.

One of the main, and not always for piracy features, is to be able to install things without having been signed by Nintendo.

Even with homebrew channel autoboots, it's hard to beat the convenience and visual appeal of a custom animated forwarder channel. Because not everyone can install bootmii as boot2 (like me), and not everyone likes priiloader. (I like priiloader, but still....)

Nonetheless, if they didn't prevent people from installing unsigned things to the nand, then I'm fine with the advancement. We may even see a custom IOS installer that can use this new method, instead of relying on trucha bugged or custom IOSes. That would be easier than anything like TBR, DOP-Mii, etc.

I admit, I use usb loaders and such. So people like me have plenty of use for custom IOSes still.

20. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the update. Pretty quick. [​IMG] Though would this mean things such as cIOSXX rev XX wouldn't run through the HBC?