Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smashdude said:
Does neogamma work well with this new HBC update as it is affected by CIOS?
Dude, I'm reporting you, as I know for a fact that you are just a troll with multiple user names and I'm getting tired of seeing your BS. Please cut it out. It is already ridiculous that this forum is already a huge playground for flamers and drama and BS. Just please stop.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS

QUOTE said:
IOS is the operating system that runs on the Starlet coprocessor inside the Hollywood package. It provides the services that are used by Wii code to access most of the system devices.

IOS is a somewhat unique system in that many games use (and come with) their own version of the IOS, though many games use the same IOS versions. There is no "true" version of the operating system, instead there are many of what could be called "slots" for different versions of IOS to sit in. IOS versions are not aware of each other, and are not used or invoked at all unless software specifically requests to run using them. In this way it can be considered "safe" to install custom IOS modules, or to patch any IOS module so long as it is not used by the system menu, as if it becomes corrupt it can be deleted and replaced without damaging the system as a whole.

Whut? But I thought...oh nevermind.
laugh.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder how other coders gonna catch up when they aren't even given the privilage of the "know how" in advance of this new findings so the could impliment it or clean up their code

if the information was given ahead of time, before the change of ruling of TT then some application might still be there since they have already been updated not to use cios anymore since they can now use AHBPROT efectively and this whole mess might not be that much of a big deal.

don't know if the info of that AHBPROT is readily avaiable or not. but since they implimented it, they need to share those sources to other devs and coders. if not people are still gonna use cios

*kindda of topic
wiimc doesn't need cios? i just download a few day ago and i think it needs some cios to install channels and function...
woops never mind there's a new version now of wiimc ^^;

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's so wrong about people voicing their concerns regarding the underlying philosophy of an action by HBC's coders? Being able to have a discussion like this is actually a healthy behaviour for the community. No offense to anyone, but if you can't handle disagreements or people having different philosophies...well, since I was just talking about "quality choices" a bit earlier, I think there's an exemplar of a rather "quality choice" right there at your disposal.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
happydance said:
don't know if the info of that AHBPROT is readily avaiable or not. but since they implimented it, they need to share those sources to other devs and coders. if not people are still gonna use cios

TT described it a few months back, but I don't know if they went into a level of detail sufficient to help.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leic7 said:
What's so wrong about people voicing their concerns regarding the underlying philosophy of an action by HBC's coders? Being able to have a discussion like this is actually a healthy behaviour for the community. No offense to anyone, but if you can't handle disagreements or people having different philosophies...well, since I was just talking about "quality choices" a bit earlier, I think there's an exemplar of a rather "quality choice" right there at your disposal.
+1

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The font used is still showing scaling artifacts. The old font was much better, the Twilight font is a step backwards in quality. The thinner characters in the font don't display right on some TV's. Tested on both a Sony CRT, and Samsung DLP.

-[]D

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
The font used is still showing scaling artifacts. The old font was much better, the Twilight font is a step backwards in quality. The thinner characters in the font don't display right on some TV's. Tested on both a Sony CRT, and Samsung DLP.

-[]D

Yeah, I remember a few revs back we were promised something that had been "tweaked down to the last subpixel" but it looks like hell. I think the new theme brings the aliasing out more.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
sorgelig said:
just ban hackmii.com in router for IP assigned for Wii. That's how i did. I have both 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 without complaining for update.
If you don't use router, well suck it according to TT
smile.gif

My router is quite new, couldnt find a "ban/block" option.
I did instead block them through command line as: 127.0.0.1 hackmii.com but didnt work also, is that IP ok? is that hostname ok? should I block bootmii.org too?

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
PPSainity said:

-[]D

Yeah, I remember a few revs back we were promised something that had been "tweaked down to the last subpixel" but it looks like hell. I think the new theme brings the aliasing out more.

Read more carefully. The BootMii font is the awesome console font that got replaced. We know HBC's font is crap (and broken). It'll get fixed. Maybe for next version.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't have problems reading text on 1.0.8 or any HBC version, except some of the XML text is a bit small sometimes, but mostly I can always read descriptions.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan_troll said:
Read more carefully. The BootMii font is the awesome console font that got replaced. We know HBC's font is crap (and broken). It'll get fixed. Maybe for next version.
Can the font be replaced in a theme ? That would be nice.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
elimist said:
leic7 said:
+1
The thing is in HOW you express your concerns. If it's some constructive doubts, why not, but if it's some conspiratorial crap, we won't stand it.

As you can see from the large number of pages this thread has, some of those comments have stirred up quite a chaos, and that's exactly what we're preventing to happen.

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Backk on the title of topic...
I have installed IOS58 latest via wadmanager...OK
Updated HBC to the 1.0.8 and it is running fine.
And the downloaded the latest versions of apps that uses IOS58 to have USB2.0
Now the problem...when i run any app that uses IOS58 (excluding HBC) the system freeze and show me an exception screen...some kind of DSI error with many numbers
What maybe its happening?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
marcan_troll said:
thesund0g said:
PPSainity said:

-[]D

I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't
smile.gif
I consider myself lucky to even have a good enough TV to notice. I'm not too worried if the kearning is off or whatever. Fonts in a theme would be nice, but I know a) fonts from a bitmap would also look like crap, unless you're doing PNG alpha-channel, and b) implementing truetype/opentype would be way more hassle than it's worth.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marquesduarte said:
Backk on the title of topic...
I have installed IOS58 latest via wadmanager...OK
Updated HBC to the 1.0.8 and it is running fine.
And the downloaded the latest versions of apps that uses IOS58 to have USB2.0
Now the problem...when i run any app that uses IOS58 (excluding HBC) the system freeze and show me an exception screen...some kind of DSI error with many numbers
What maybe its happening?
Did you use tantrics 58 installer ?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY