Homebrew haxchi wont boot into homebrew when clicked? sends me back to wii u menu

GotchaMika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i installed haxchi when ever i click it it loads the screen then automatically puts me back to the wii u menu? can someone guide me

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed haxchi when ever i click it it loads the screen then automatically puts me back to the wii u menu? can someone guide me
hit the home button while it's on the black haxchi screen, you'll get menu choices. what it's doing is patching your sys menu to run forged tickets which is normal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Home button is for CBHC, not haxchi.
Haxchi menu is managed with a configuration file where the user link a button to a homebrew path on the SD card.

get haxchi installer, extract to your SD card.
look in sd:/haxchi/ folder, edit the text file, and set the button to what you want.
then, reinstall haxchi to write the config into your console's memory.

if you want homebrew launcher by default, :

default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
a=sysmenu

if you want to automatically patch your system to CFW instead of launching HBL, swap "default" and "A" values.

Edit: Only swap the button name! don't copypaste, or delete the "fw.img" line.
I'm sorry for the mistake I wrote in this message and the brick I could cause.
I wrote "sd:/wiiu/" instead of just "wiiu/". Thank you to Flump for telling me and preventing more user's issues.

When you launch haxchi, press (and keep pressed) a button matching your configuration file.
if you press "A", it will launch the homebrew or the choice linked to line "a" in the config file.
"sysmenu" is CFW.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Tomobobo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0