Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I actually have Haxchi with hotkeys to boot multiple types of Mocha CFWs. Just edit config.txt. One may want to upgrade to CBHC to boot into CFW when they boot up the Wii U, but that's pretty dangerous. It drastically raises the risk of a brick if you're not careful.
So Haxchi is pretty much as safe as MochaCFW, since it only alters the roms.zip of the DS title... Nice, nice. Looks like Nintendo's gonna get another $10 out of me because of these horrible boot rates using browserhax... Lol.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use Haxchi to autoboot into Mocha CFW?
And why might one want to install ColdbootHaxchi after installing regular Haxchi?
You can but why? If you have HaxChi you don't need Mocha. You can just launch HaxChi CFW.

Even the author recommends against using HaxChi to launch Mocha.

Last edited by Kafluke,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can but why? If you have HaxChi you don't need Mocha. You can just launch HaxChi CFW.

Even the author recommends using HaxChi to launch Mocha.

There isn't really much point in using Haxchi to boot into regular Mocha, you're right there; Haxchi CFW basically does what Mocha does. But sometimes I use Haxchi to boot into Mocha + FAT32 or Mocha SD Access since Haxchi CFW doesn't enable SD Access for everything or FAT32 support, and it's faster than Haxchi -> HBL -> Mocha.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't really much point in using Haxchi to boot into regular Mocha, you're right there; Haxchi CFW basically does what Mocha does. But sometimes I use Haxchi to boot into Mocha + FAT32 or Mocha SD Access since Haxchi CFW doesn't enable SD Access for everything or FAT32 support, and it's faster than Haxchi -> HBL -> Mocha.
Yeah that makes sense. I keep Mocha and redNAND around just to play with sometimes.

paperwarior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya. I installed Haxchi a long time ago, and had been using it without incident, but for a while I've only been playing Wii Fit and not using it. Now when I start it up it gives me a -3 or -4 black screen. Do I have to reinstall Haxchi, or do something else? Thanks in advance.
Update: I realized I was having wifi issues as well and fixing that fixed Haxchi somehow.

Last edited by paperwarior,

ketseven

Trophies
XP
Country
White US 8Gb WiiU, installed Haxchi CFW using wiiu.guide

Cannot run EU-region games (so far tried 3D World and Mario Party 10, downloaded them with WiiU USB helper, installed via WUP Installer GX2 on USB stick).
Can anybody help? Games hang on title screen.

US-region games work OK.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Heya. I installed Haxchi a long time ago, and had been using it without incident, but for a while I've only been playing Wii Fit and not using it. Now when I start it up it gives me a -3 or -4 black screen. Do I have to reinstall Haxchi, or do something else? Thanks in advance.
Update: I realized I was having wifi issues as well and fixing that fixed Haxchi somehow.

The -4 error is SD problem, make sure your SD card is inserted correctly it happens to me sometimes as well.

Last edited by Toni456,

darthmaulxr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm not sure if I have CBHC or regular haxchi due to buying an used Wii U.
I just have a folder with a "Haxchi 2" writing and I want to update to the latest Haxchi (v2.5u2).
So to be safe I want to try to uninstall CBHC, then update to Haxchi v2.5.
Will it brick my system if I click uninstall CBHC and I do not have CBHC?

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure if I have CBHC or regular haxchi due to buying an used Wii U.
I just have a folder with a "Haxchi 2" writing and I want to update to the latest Haxchi (v2.5u2).
So to be safe I want to try to uninstall CBHC, then update to Haxchi v2.5.
Will it brick my system if I click uninstall CBHC and I do not have CBHC?
Reboot your Wii U and see if you have "Autobooting..." message. If you do, just leave it alone, CBHC uses it's own, latest modified Haxchi.

Slackot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install this if I install a DS VC title from uTikDownloadHelper? Or it needs to be bought from the eShop?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install this if I install a DS VC title from uTikDownloadHelper? Or it needs to be bought from the eShop?
You need a legit purchased title if you're using this as your signature patching / cfw method, which is what most people want it for. If you were to use a fake-signed title, such as one downloaded with uTik, you'd have to execute your signature patching some other way on each bootup before you'd be able to run this.

Reactions: Slackot

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So.. 2 questions:

- I am under the impression haxchi uses contenthax vulnerability. Does that mean that no fake ticket is installed, and therefore, is the reason why it doesn't need sigpatching to run?

- support for ftpiiu everywhere, full region and sigpatch support ONLY works after having haxchi returning to system menu? In other words, if I set it to load ftpiiu_everywhere for example (skipping the system menu boot), it won't have the necessary permissions? To run everything? Same for sigpatching for wupinstaller, etc..

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- support for ftpiiu everywhere, full region and sigpatch support ONLY works after having haxchi returning to system menu? In other words, if I set it to load ftpiiu_everywhere for example (skipping the system menu boot), it won't have the necessary permissions? To run everything? Same for sigpatching for wupinstaller, etc..
Correct. This is so you have the option of running a different sigpatcher without it conflicting with haxchi's.

Reactions: Madridi

mariotwsh

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed Haxchi with Haxchi installer 2.1 and using rednand since then with no problem. Do I need to update haxchi to the latest version?? Is there any advantage?? And if so can I install it over the existing one or I have to redownload the original ds game again?

Thanks in advance.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@All: Everyone should at least have 1 Haxchi right now with HBL attached to any button as it's the only chance of accessing HBL on 5.5.2
Also @FIX94 might include a hardcoded option to launch HBL through Haxchi even if it's not attached to a button by users in a config. For example when R+L is being pressed or something like that.
However when you have the Homebrew Launcher Channel installed, you're fine (if you have Haxchi obviously). :)

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@All: Everyone should at least have 1 Haxchi right now with HBL attached to any button as it's the only chance of accessing HBL on 5.5.2
Also @FIX94 might include a hardcoded option to launch HBL through Haxchi even if it's not attached to a button by users in a config. For example when R+L is being pressed or something like that.
However when you have the Homebrew Launcher Channel installed, you're fine (if you have Haxchi obviously). :)
Well, haven't updated the wiiU, so I'm on 5.5.1. I have haxchi installed and I also have the Homebrew Launcher Channel installed. I'm safe, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill