Having trouble greeting homebrew on vwii ...help please

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mickthestud, May 4, 2013.

1. mickthestud
    OP

mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2007
    Before I start lets say I'm not an idiot I hacked the crap out of my original wii so I'm quite experienced now after giving my wii to my brother I have a hard drive full of old wii games that I would like to get running on my new wiiu ...been trying the smash stack method and followed the instructions to a tea but doesn't wanna load the files of the sd card tried every which way any help would be greatly appreciated ..
    I'm using a 2 gb sd not (sdhc )card the same one I used for my old wii I have the homebrew elf file on the root and have the smash stack file in a folder named private.dol even tried placing it straight on the root of the sd card still nothing ...

2. rgjr77

rgjr77 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2009
    United States
    did you say the folder named private.dol? that doesnt sound right. I havent done smashstack but according to wiibrew other guides there is no private.dol
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack Im sure there is a guide here as well just review it again.

3. mickthestud
    OP

mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2007
    got it all sorted for anybody interested you must save atleast one custom stage to the sd card so it makes a private folder

4. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Aug 29, 2008
    Canada
    Canada! Mah Fukas!
    you could have made it yourself lol​