Hacking Haven't used my Wii in a while, system files are corrupted...

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've used my Wii. I just started it up and I'm getting the System files are corrupt message after the health and safety screen.

I have bootmii installed and can load the homebrew channel and games using wii flow. I'm on 4.2U, and when I hold + and - I can load maintenance mode.

What's the best way to restore the system settings so the system menu can work again? I can't remember where I put my nand backup from bootmii btw.

Also, assumimg there is a way to fix this, what is the best upgrade path to get my Wii up to date to play Wii games from a HDD, retail and ISO gamecube games, and virtual console games?

Thanks all!

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm does it say which files are corrupted? You could try using dop mii and download/reinstall the system menu. But I would check and make sure what version of it you have first (though you seem to know). If I remember right syschecker gx will do this. If it isn't the system menu but something else, you could use wiiexplorer to replace the bad files (by getting them from a known good Wii onto a SD card then copying them into system memory).

BUT before you go doing major brain surgery, I would do a bootmii backup and put it in a SAFE place, so if things go from bad to worse you have something to fall back to.

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just tried reloading IOS70 and it seems to have fixed it! Thanks guys :D I'll be making a bootmii back up now...

So one last thing - what should I be using to play virtual console and gamecube games? Are there any new apps/features I should be checking out that have been developed over the last 3 years?

Last edited by EvanUnisil,

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GC there is a new homebrew app (instead of a custom MIOS) called Nintendon't that works better than any of the custom MIOS files did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system