Hacking Haven't updated my Gateway for almost 2.5 years - not sure how to proceed

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Yikes, clear as mud guys :)

I thought I was confused going in, now I'm even more lost.
use plailect guide and keep your gateway

basically this post down here has it all
With a bit further reading, I realised that I should have followed the Plailect guide and installed the stock A9LH and NOT the one installed with the Gateway fast boot. I therefore reflashed my DS back to original firmware using the link I supplied above, and then followed the Plailect guide. I haven't looked back since. I now run LumaDS CFW, and can also run Gateway by holding dpad down button on boot (it's called chain loading, and is part of the CFW).

seriously, nothing to lose to use both

you can CHOOSE to use .cia or stick with .3ds if that your thing
when you feel like migrating all your games and saves, you can CHOOSE to do that or stick with the one you already have

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I followed the link for putting in A9LH and Luma3DS, I'm on step 3 and it had so many steps, so around 1:00am I stopped and will continue this evening.

I copied all the contents of the current SD card, so a lot of. Sav files.

I removed the Gateway, removed the micro SD from the gateway (64GB), backed up my games and formatted it with some partition tool so that it is FAT32 and I replaced my existing SD.

I followed all of steps 1, and 2, only issue I got stuck on was that it didn't say to turn on wifi and connect to the Internet, I had always thought connecting to the Internet would cause a firmware update?

Do I continue leaving wifi on now that I'm at step 3, or do I turn it back off? Or is WiFi safe now?

Lastly, once I'm done, how to I import the. Sav files? Do I just copy them back to the root of the SD?

Is there a converter to convert my. 3ds games to CIA?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread is so cancerous. I feel bad for you, OP.
Alright, I am kind of in the same boat. I have a gateway for my new 3dsxl. I'm on sysnand 9.02 and emunand 10.something. I'm a little more confused from all the back and forth debate. I only use it when I fly out for work.

Just a few dumb questions. When a new update comes out I can wait for gateway to support it and then update emunand while leaving sysnand safe.

With the cfw everyone is talking about its just sysnand right? You are able to update directly but what would happen if they find a way to block this? How would you roll back?

I've read people talking about downgrading to 2.0 but new 3ds came with 9, that's safe to do?

Only other question. If one were to buy a new 3ds today is there a certain serial number you need to have or can you downgrade any?

Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
A. I could leave a Soon(TM) meme here, but I'll be a bit serious. Gateway's updates are infamously slow. Although they already support A9LH, their implementation is extremely outdated and you'll need to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to work properly.
B. sysNAND CFW is unpatchable, due to the way A9LH works. Even if the console bricks from an update you can always just roll back an old NAND backup from an A9LH payload like Hourglass9.
C. Although it's now unessescary to downgrade to 2.1 on a new 3DS, what we used to do was have a special downgrade method that pretty much made the n3DS think it was an o3DS, because 2.1 obviously didn't know what an n3DS was.
D. Although I'm not sure what serial numbers exactly, there have been reports of consoles coming on 11.0 for a while now, which can't be downgraded without another hacked 3DS or a hardmod.

Reactions: Jasin

Jasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread is so cancerous. I feel bad for you, OP.

A. I could leave a Soon(TM) meme here, but I'll be a bit serious. Gateway's updates are infamously slow. Although they already support A9LH, their implementation is extremely outdated and you'll need to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to work properly.
B. sysNAND CFW is unpatchable, due to the way A9LH works. Even if the console bricks from an update you can always just roll back an old NAND backup from an A9LH payload like Hourglass9.
C. Although it's now unessescary to downgrade to 2.1 on a new 3DS, what we used to do was have a special downgrade method that pretty much made the n3DS think it was an o3DS, because 2.1 obviously didn't know what an n3DS was.
D. Although I'm not sure what serial numbers exactly, there have been reports of consoles coming on 11.0 for a while now, which can't be downgraded without another hacked 3DS or a hardmod.

Thank you for a simple and useful response!

Reactions: Swiftloke

AnagraM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys,
I'm in the same boat as some of you.
Haven't opened my 3ds in a while, but would like to update it for the kids to play.

I'm inclined to go to the CFW method, but it's been so long since I set up my GW that I don't remember how I set it up..
How do I check if I have the fastboost ? If i'm on sysNand or emuNand ?
What's the best way to reset the GW changes, and reset the 3DS ? I'm not sure I still have a nand backup from when I set GW up.

Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.