Hacking Missed a step in Seedminer/Bannerbomb 3DS hack - how to safely proceed?

MayflowerXO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I was following the 3ds.hacks.guide for an 11.16.0 New 3DS, when in step 5 I accidentally skipped over part of the process: in the last section, Restoring Wifi Configuration Profiles, I accidentally skipped steps 1-3, and just removed the file from my Nintendo DSiWare folder, before proceeding through some of the prep in the final section (specifically, up to and including step 9 of section 1) until I realised my mistake. What is the safe way to proceed from here? I imagine I'm likely just being paranoid, but I'm aware some things can be very delicate, and I of course don't want to rush headlong in and end up breaking something important.
For what it's worth, I do not use the first or second WiFi profiles, so if I simply have to stick to WiFi profile 3 then that doesn't cause me any issues. I also cannot recover the specific deleted file, but I can extract the DSIWARE_EXPLOIT folder again and drag in a fresh file - I didn't know if running the exploit made any changes to the file, though, so I didn't attempt that.

Thank you for your time and your help - please let me know if I need to provide any additional information.

EDIT: Perhaps against my better judgement, I did go ahead and finish the rest of the steps in the guide's final page, with seemingly no issues caused. However, I would like to know if there are any future issues I'm not currently aware of as a result of my mistakes, and if there is a way to safely restore the wifi config profiles from this position.

Last edited by MayflowerXO,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1