Hacking Haven't touched my Switch in 6months and found it had been banned

jiiikoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I haven't touched my Switch since the first days of the SX OS was released and since then it seems that my Switch has been banned by Nintendo, since I am unable to update games or access the Eshop etc. Getting the "Couldn't connect" error.

So my question is, how would I be able to play games on said device? I did try launching an owned copy of Mario Kart and it said it needed an update, but since I couldn't connect to Nintendo services, I wasn't able to launch it. Is my console essentially a paper weight or can I still play some games on it? Any help?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As @huma_dawii said, if your not on 6.2 firmware, update to this firmware manually using ChoiDujourNX, then update your SX OS boot.dat file on your SD CARD to the latest version, it's on their website.

This way, at least you have a banned Switch that can still play backups, you can still do game updates, just find the update NSP files on the net and manually update. However there are some latest games that require the 7.0.x FW update, of course you can't play these on your 6.2 but there is a homebrew app you can use that will bypass the required update check allowing you to install/play on a lower firmware, I have not used this so not sure how good it is.

If you want to go down this route, don't update to 7.0.1 as this FW breaks SX OS, this way your banned Switch isn't a expensive paper weight, then buy a new Switch for all your legit stuff.

Reactions: huma_dawii

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
If you're on <7.0.1 firmware then obviously you can't access eshop, game updates, and online play unless you update to the latest firmware, but if you're on 7.0.1 and still can't access online, update, and eshop then most likely it's a ban.

Reactions: xs4all

jiiikoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you're on <7.0.1 firmware then obviously you can't access eshop, game updates, and online play unless you update to the latest firmware, but if you're on 7.0.1 and still can't access online, update, and eshop then most likely it's a ban.
Oh, didn't know this was a thing. What would be the best way to see if it truly is a ban? Is it safe to update straight into the newest FW? Like I have no idea what to do at the moment, emunand and sysnand didn't exist way back the last time I used the device :D

So to everyone in the thread, what should I do next, like are there any good tutorials or guides on what to do since I think I am on either 5.1.0 or 5.0.2 (can't check at the moment since I am at work).

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a specific error code which tells you that you're banned. 2124-4007 and 2137-7403 mean you're banned. If it's just telling you that you can't connect, or if there's a different error code, then you might not be banned.

jiiikoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There should be a specific error code which tells you that you're banned. 2124-4007 and 2137-7403 mean you're banned. If it's just telling you that you can't connect, or if there's a different error code, then you might not be banned.
Yeah, I'm getting the 2137-7403 error.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Nintendo thought it was odd you went offline for that long so they figured you were a hacker.

That or you breathed in a way hackers usually breathe

That quite makes sens (the first sentence). Juste after cracking his Switch he went all offline, that's suspicious indeed. However, I don't think that was the cause x)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Hey Ninstar.