Have we perfected the ability to play all our VC titles off SD card ye

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Azadar, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    Recently there was a few different methods I read about to allow playing some VC games off SD card.
    Has it been perfected Ive been out of the loop for 3 weeks so im not sure if the answer is yes or no now..

Im looking to install 10-20 whatever number of VC titles NES, SNES, N64? etc on SD card and have them launch from the SD card saving me blockage space.

If there is a 100% working method please let me know what its called and a link would be appreciated. The early methods have limited compatibility and some speed issues from what I read.

2. porchemasi

porchemasi GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    CANADA
    Yes VC games are now fully playable/perfected. They have managed to dump all of them perfectly into WADs and all of them install fine... provides u follow the instructions to install them ......... but emulator channels are the future... leave VC games alone

3. mark187

mark187 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    What the hell? Did you even read his post, hell, even the thread title?

OP: The answer is no, not yet.

4. Whizz

Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Nov 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Turn around...
    Nope, you can't. With WAD Manager however you can store a bunch of them on a SD card, and then install and uninstall what you like. Not as good, but eh.

5. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    the only thing you can do is run an emulator channel that reads the game from an sdcard

6. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Yeah, and in terms of compatibility, there are still a number of N64 games that won't work over VC or emulator. Everything else works I think. And seeing as we now have USB support, we'll be getting compatible homebrew soon. That will solve space issues.
    Though to do what you want, I reckon we'll need custom firmware. Hopefully that's not too far off.

7. Arakon

Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2008
    Gambia, The
    the wii doesn't even look at the sdcard for any kind of executable at all.

8. SmileMan

SmileMan GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    Italy
    Torino
    The only thing you can do is waiting a direct boot from Sd/Usb.