Hacking Have there been any advancements in the WiiU hack in the last 2 years?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, seeing a new firmware update from Nintendo today reminded me that I have two WiiUs sitting on a shelf. Currently when I boot up I have to run an e-Shop modified Haxchi. Then I can use it as normal. I am just wondering, in the last 2 years, have there been any improvements to this method? Like something that supports coldboot or just a better alternative? Or is that still the best setup?

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc (coldboot haxchi), but that's existed for at least four or five years. no advancements that I can think of.

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
cbhc (coldboot haxchi), but that's existed for at least four or five years. no advancements that I can think of.

Thanks. If I remember correctly there as some downside to using that old coldboot method, I dont remember what it was. I think maybe it was something about if haxchi gets borked then you essentially brick the console or something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's correct. the only two things to look out for is a format or deleting the nnid/account associated with the purchase. the purchase must also be legit from the eshop or you'll brick. you can no longer move or delete the game iirc. I've been using it for four or five years and never had a problem.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1