Have Sonic Colors (actual retail disc) but..

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TenchuBlaze, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010
  1. TenchuBlaze
    OP

Newcomer TenchuBlaze Member

United States
    Hey all. I'm fairly new to the Wii modding scene. And I have a question. I recently received Sonic Colors as a gift from a friend but I already soft modded my wii. I put the disc in, but all that comes up is a wii system update. Of course I didn't update. But is there any way around this? I wanna play the game, but I don't wanna update and lose my homebrew. I searched on google for a list of apps for the wii, but I didn't find one that I could use.

I have the USB loader n' all that. So I can play back ups, but what about retail discs? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Err.. Okay. So I found an app I might be able to use. Tinyload. Is it reliable? I suppose I'll give it a shot..

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    look at priiloader, find the right hack and set forced updates to off....then enjoy

3. TenchuBlaze
    OP

United States
    Tried Tinyload. Didn't work. Looked into Priiloader and installed it. Went to the hacks and set the forced updates to off. Went to system menu and clicked on the disc channel. Sonic Colors appears so I was joyful! Clicked on start and I'm taken to a black screen and can't do anything but reset my wii. -_-;

I need help. ._.

4. Son of Science

Member Son of Science GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Use a USBloader such as USBloader GX, or Configurable USB loader, then choose boot from disc.

5. TenchuBlaze
    OP

United States
    Amazing! Thank you guys sooooo so so very much. Damn, that was frustrating. Gonna go play Sonic Colors and hope it doesn't suck! =D

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I was using the Configurable USB Loader. Just in case someone else was having the same/similar problem(s).

6. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Just mount the disc in USBLoader GX and copy it to your hard-drive. [​IMG]

7. Son of Science

Member Son of Science GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lol it does kind of suck IMO