Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

heroarc8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone get banned with the following conditions:

Scenario 1:
- played the game before the release of the game using the leaked CIA
- did not get online before the release date
- played the same cia after the release then connected online

Scenario 2:
- did connect online but not banned
- played same cia after release

Scenario 3:
- did not get online before the release date
- repair CIA via eshop

Scenario 4:
- did connect online but not banned
- repair CIA via eshop

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
If you get a LFCS_B and inject it, do you get a new friend code in the friend list? I was messing about in godmode9, using tinyformat and such and I somehow got a new LFCS_A generated, so I copied it in decrypt9 to get a B, then injected it after restoring my backup.

But I'm still banned. Is it because my movable.sed is still the original seed?

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you get a LFCS_B and inject it, do you get a new friend code in the friend list? I was messing about in godmode9, using tinyformat and such and I somehow got a new LFCS_A generated, so I copied it in decrypt9 to get a B, then injected it after restoring my backup.

But I'm still banned. Is it because my movable.sed is still the original seed?
LFC_A is a dummy file, it's blank.

Formatting doesn't generate new LFC

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
LFC_A is a dummy file, it's blank.

Formatting doesn't generate new LFC
It was the same as my B. But then when I did a lot of things, involving changing my serial number, tinyformatting, setting up internet, I looked at it again and it had changed. So I dumped B, which turned out the same. So I have a new LFCS_B now.

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was the same as my B. But then when I did a lot of things, involving changing my serial number, tinyformatting, setting up internet, I looked at it again and it had changed. So I dumped B, which turned out the same. So I have a new LFCS_B now.
Thats unknown to me, what i achieved with a format was a single byte change in movable.sed, where when replacing lfc with it gave me 002-0112 error instead of 002-0102, did you check the new lfc in hxh if its all 00?

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Thats unknown to me, what i achieved with a format was a single byte change in movable.sed, where when replacing lfc with it gave me 002-0112 error instead of 002-0102, did you check the new lfc in hxh if its all 00?
Yes, I did, it was all 00's after I deleted it, but then when I restored it, then did things, it changed to a completely new seed.

idiotse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Does anyone know if I system transfer from an unbanned 3ds to a banned 2ds with the lfcs and moveable seed from the unbanned 3ds now be on the banned 2ds making the banned 2ds unbanned? And will the unbanned 3ds get new lfcs etc once it has re formatted? Sorry if I've missed this already but this is big post and it's taken me a few days to catch up.
LFC and Movable don't move from my unbanned to my banned after system transfert , unbanned still banned and unbanned still unbanned ..

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's more likely that you were banned for using the v0 game that you got off of that ISO site...since everyone who has been banned thus far was using the same .cia when their own games were flagged to get banned.

AFAIK no one has been banned for using the Freeshop versions of the game which are v16/32.
I have the v0 game. Hell v0 means that it came from a cart. Still abile to use online and not banned.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point has anyone come up with a conclusive reason why people got banned in the first place is it because people were playing the game online before the official release date or not?

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. Does anyone know if I system transfer from an unbanned 3ds to a banned 2ds with the lfcs and moveable seed from the unbanned 3ds now be on the banned 2ds making the banned 2ds unbanned? And will the unbanned 3ds get new lfcs etc once it has re formatted? Sorry if I've missed this already but this is big post and it's taken me a few days to catch up.
You won't be able to system transfer from or to the banned 2DS because of the 2812 error, can't confirm the other details

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point has anyone come up with a conclusive reason why people got banned in the first place is it because people were playing the game online before the official release date or not?
There's no conclusive answer yet, too many conflicting reports. There have been reports of people getting banned playing a legit copy in the US after release date and someone in France got banned playing a legit copy even though the retailer was given permission to sell from Nintendo.

Chonkway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 movable.sed, everyone changes in 00000110/08 >>>> 00000130/0F,
Can they be useful to me?
I Believe the only thing that matters is the value after the first 8bytes and before the last 272 so from 00000000/08 down to 00000100/07 if i remember correctly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I Believe the only thing that matters is the value after the first 8bytes and before the last 272 so from 00000000/08 down to 00000100/07 if i remember correctly.
its 00000110/07 actually i tihnk

Ikarilost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yes, but those have not changed.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People are being paranoid with the v0/v16/v32 thing. Heck, if Nintendo was able to tell the difference, they would have banned every console using CFW from the beginning!

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no conclusive answer yet, too many conflicting reports. There have been reports of people getting banned playing a legit copy in the US after release date and someone in France got banned playing a legit copy even though the retailer was given permission to sell from Nintendo.

Ok Thanks for the answer though I'm just going to play this Sun that I downloaded from freeshop but offline until I can buy my copy of Sun since I don't want to be banned to be honest all this banning nonsense is just stupid like did anyone get banned for playing ORAS online early like through CIA I even had a copy of X that I got a day early I wasn't banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?