Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

KappaCapu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We don't know yet. We have suspicions that it might be perm but we dont know.
I got my first ban when using sky3ds to play final fantasy explorers, i dont know if i used my other NNID but im sure it was the other NNID because i saw one of my miiverse screenshots of FF explorers. But will the poeple who played pokemon too early get perma ban?

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I played it while online but I was disconnected from the servers because I hadn't updated my system.

I removed the game and the ticket now, updated my 3DS and I tried to play some Kid Icarus online and it worked fine. Maybe I'm safe?

xurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But this will be a workaround only for N3Ds users, isn't it?

If I understand it correctly, no, because you don't need to launch NTR in game, so you boot the old 3ds, change the ram, and you're good to go until next reboot.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK! KINDA SORTA GOOD NEWS
The NTR trick to change ID DOES in fact work. I can get make a new NNID, I can get on the eshop & I can successfully compelte a download.

Downside, by god does it take a while to manually do teh ram changes. But it works.
Downside, the ram changes are only temporary until you reboot the system or turn it off.

However, I suspect that we can load these targeted ram changes at boot time thanks to Luma's code.bin system. The data is ALWAYS stored at the same spot.

Unfortunetely, I do NOT know how to make a code.bin file. And even if i did, I suspect we'd need copy the code.bin file for every game that we'd be playing. (1 for moon, 1 for sun, 1 for MK7.....).

So..... there's hope? Maybe some of the folks who have made cheats using Luma's code.bin system might be able to help?
Corbenik can run code.bin for system apps or at least dump them. That will be useful.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would they unban a Reviewer who used online though, if they banned for playing early?
Doesn't really make much sense to me.
Because playing early is a minor fault and a temporary ban probably suits it. It acts as a warning so people won't do that again in the future.
On other hand, pirating the game (equal to stealing stuff) is a serious offense and deserves to be permanently banned.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the cia of moon but uninstalled via system settings. I've been reading that people should also get rid of the ticket via fbi but when I search the id I'm not finding it there. I never went online or anything. Am I good uninstalling from system settings or maybe I have an old version of fbi?

Uninstall the ticket with the ID 0004000000175e00 (Moon) or 0004000000164800 (Sun) using FBI.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not bypass the online ban, and apparently you still cant effectively use the new nnid as it gives another error saying it cannot be linked to this console (got this error on eshop.

You can use ntr with o3ds

If i do this method, and make a new NNID. Does system transferring from hacked o3ds to n3dsxl not hacked will fix the problem? Id want to do a system transfer to downgrade firmware on the n3dsxl but since nnid sticks to from the banned ds, i was wondering if it will work

D

Deleted User

This is what I did. Totally not complete yet though. We still need something for doing this automatically. I'm a big believer that Luma will be how we do it automatically.

I DID THIS ON AN O3DS. I ASSUME IT WORKS EVEN BETTER WITH AN N3DS SINCE IT DOESN'T REBOOT FOR High Memory Games!

1)Install/Setup NTR Launcher.
2)Download Process Dumper (http://gbatemp.net/attachments/processdumper2-zip.57034/) & Process Explorer (http://gbatemp.net/attachments/plugin-ntr-ram-explorer-1-2-5-beta-zip.44553/). Extract both plugins into Root/plugins/Home.
3)Turn on the 3ds, start NTR launcher. It'll dump back to the menu. if you get an error, turn off the system, turn it back on, start ntr launcher, but don't let it autoselect a mode. Manually pick any of them.

4)At the home menu, press X+Y. A menu will appear. Click A on "Process Explorer".
5)Click on PID:21. IT WILL MOMENTARRILY FREEZE. if it lasts more than a minute, its crashed. Start over from Step 3.
6)Underneath the tet RAM EXPLORER on the topleft of the bottom screen, there is a Hex area. We gotta get that as close to 0x00117636 as we can. Tap the left bar to get as close as you can, then use Up and Down or the circle pad to get even closer.

7)Once it's in range, you'll see on the far right, X-Nintendo-Device-ID.... What you want to do is click on the red EDITOR button. Now, using the dpad, make your way over to the word Device. Mess up a letter or two. Shift the numbers and letter up and down with X and Y. Example: CHange "Device" to "Devisu".
8)once thats done, click the Green WRITE button.
9)Now, scroll down a little, until you see: "Nintendo-FPD-Version". At the end of it, you see there are only 2 dots. Click the Red EDITOR button and change that to say "Nintendo-Device-ID" in teh same way you destroyed Device earlier.

10)Once it's changed, click the Green Write button. Immedietely, click the red Editor button once again. JUST before it says "Nintendo-Device-ID" which we created, we see exactly "Nintendo-API-Version..0000..."
11)Change the zeroes to any random numbers. IT MUST USE NUMBERS. Once changed, click WRITE.

Done.
_____
A few notes that are needed though:
1) Random crashes when playing with the memory can happen. Its annoying.
2) It's also temporary. Try to remember what device id you were using for next time your doing it.
3) I'm sure we can make longer, quite abit longer, device id's for even more stealth-y-ness. Unfortunetely with this simple editor, i'm not sure how to add to the code rather than just changing it.
4) If you get an Error 022-2501, then your NNID is banned. Use Decrypt9 to inject a blank NNID from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g96tls1krt31n5/nnidsave.bin?dl=1
If you'd like, backup your old NNID before injecting the blank one. But if your banned, maybe you don't need to anyway.

And the biggest thing people need to know: If the system is turned off, or is rebooted, the ram change is lost. This includes Big Memory Mode such as Sun & Moon. This is why we need a way to make it happen automatically.

This is just from what i've been doing so far. I accept no responsibility for damages to your system, yadadadada legaliez.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NTR doesn't work on o3ds right? :(
It does, just not High Memory Mode, so Sun and Moon/Smash/MH4 are out of reach for a while until we can see if it can be done with Luma Code.

Last edited by ,

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I did. Totally not complete yet though. We still need something for doing this automatically. I'm a big believer that Luma will be how we do it automatically.

2)Download Process Dumper (http://gbatemp.net/attachments/processdumper2-zip.57034/) & Process Explorer (http://gbatemp.net/attachments/plugin-ntr-ram-explorer-1-2-5-beta-zip.44553/). Extract both plugins into Root/plugins/Home.
3)Turn on the 3ds, start NTR launcher. It'll dump back to the menu. if you get an error, turn off the system, turn it back on, start ntr launcher, but don't let it autoselect a mode. Manually pick any of them.

4)At the home menu, press X+Y. A menu will appear. Click A on "Process Explorer".
5)Click on PID:21. IT WILL MOMENTARRILY FREEZE. if it lasts more than a minute, its crashed. Start over from Step 3.
6)Underneath the tet RAM EXPLORER on the topleft of the bottom screen, there is a Hex area. We gotta get that as close to 0x00117636 as we can. Tap the left bar to get as close as you can, then use Up and Down or the circle pad to get even closer.

7)Once it's in range, you'll see on the far right, X-Nintendo-Device-ID.... What you want to do is click on the red EDITOR button. Now, using the dpad, make your way over to the word Device. Mess up a letter or two. Shift the numbers and letter up and down with X and Y. Example: CHange "Device" to "Devisu".
9)Now, scroll down a little, until you see: "Nintendo-FPD-Version". At the end of it, you see there are only 2 dots. Click the Red EDITOR button and change that to say "Nintendo-Device-ID" in teh same way you destroyed Device earlier.

10)Once it's changed, click the Green Write button. Immedietely, click the red Editor button once again. JUST before it says "Nintendo-Device-ID" which we created, we see exactly "Nintendo-API-Version..0000..."
11)Change the zeroes to any random numbers. IT MUST USE NUMBERS. Once changed, click WRITE.

Done.
_____
2) It's also temporary. Try to remember what device id you were using for next time your doing it.
3) I'm sure we can make longer, quite abit longer, device id's for even more stealth-y-ness. Unfortunetely with this simple editor, i'm not sure how to add to the code rather than just changing it.
4) If you get an Error 022-2501, then your NNID is banned. Use Decrypt9 to inject a blank NNID from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g96tls1krt31n5/nnidsave.bin?dl=1
If you'd like, backup your old NNID before injecting the blank one. But if your banned, maybe you don't need to anyway.

And the biggest thing people need to know: If the system is turned off, or is rebooted, the ram change is lost. This includes Big Memory Mode such as Sun & Moon. This is why we need a way to make it happen automatically.

This is just from what i've been doing so far. I accept no responsibility for damages to your system, yadadadada legaliez.

It does, just not High Memory Mode, so Sun and Moon/Smash/MH4 are out of reach for a while until we can see if it can be done with Luma Code.

Nice work. I think it could work under Luma, but I'm nowhere near as smart as Aurora.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone confirm to me that movable.sed won't fuck you over and bring the bad seed over from a banned hacked 3DS to a good one during sys transfer?
Would like to know. Id want to create a new NNID but since NNID from banned 2ds --> n3dsxl i would like to know if it will screw the good one

D

Deleted-19228

Done.
_____

2501? You might mean 2812

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Done.
_____

was able to enter eshop and all.
Went to settings to try to create new NNID,
prompted 022-2402

(it apppears that 2812 -> banned from accessing eshop/miiverse
2501 -> NNID account itself banned)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated