Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm...still not banned yet. My internet has been on for awhile yet, still no ban. I'm guessing that I'm lucky?

EDIT: BTW, I'm playing Moon with the internet on.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
OK! KINDA SORTA GOOD NEWS
The NTR trick to change ID DOES in fact work. I can get make a new NNID, I can get on the eshop & I can successfully compelte a download.

Downside, by god does it take a while to manually do teh ram changes. But it works.
Downside, the ram changes are only temporary until you reboot the system or turn it off.

However, I suspect that we can load these targeted ram changes at boot time thanks to Luma's code.bin system. The data is ALWAYS stored at the same spot.

Unfortunetely, I do NOT know how to make a code.bin file. And even if i did, I suspect we'd need copy the code.bin file for every game that we'd be playing. (1 for moon, 1 for sun, 1 for MK7.....).

So..... there's hope? Maybe some of the folks who have made cheats using Luma's code.bin system might be able to help?
Should be able to do it as sys patch. Just like other things. Doubt Aurora will implement that though.

D

Deleted-19228

Reboot your system. See if it still works. Some people have said ban is only taking affect after reboot.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That makes sense but how would that explain the legit cart users who were still banned? Assuming that's true anyway, unless of course it's not. Haha
Well I think they're banning both, for illegal copy and playing early. They told reviewers not to go online with the game. So it's only logical to assume that they ban both violations. That explains why some guys said Nintendo told him there were 2 types of ban. 1 for illegal copy, and 1 for playing early.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NTR trick to change ID DOES in fact work. I can get make a new NNID, I can get on the eshop & I can successfully compelte a download.

Downside, by god does it take a while to manually do teh ram changes. But it works.
Downside, the ram changes are only temporary until you reboot the system or turn it off.

However, I suspect that we can load these targeted ram changes at boot time thanks to Luma's code.bin system. The data is ALWAYS stored at the same spot.

Unfortunetely, I do NOT know how to make a code.bin file. And even if i did, I suspect we'd need copy the code.bin file for every game that we'd be playing. (1 for moon, 1 for sun, 1 for MK7.....).

So..... there's hope? Maybe some of the folks who have made cheats using Luma's code.bin system might be able to help?

Have you tried using your original NNID on the "new" (post-RAM edit) console instead of just making a new NNID? Or maybe it won't let you because the NNID is still linked to the "old" (pre-RAM edit) console. It'd be nice to have confirmation that an NNID on a banned console can still be used if linked to a "new" console.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm...still not banned yet. My internet has been on for awhile yet, still no ban. I'm guessing that I'm lucky?

EDIT: BTW, I'm playing Moon with the internet on.
As long as you haven't connected to online services(like Wonder Trade, GTS) you're safe, I guess.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I think they're banning both, for illegal copy and playing early. They told reviewers not to go online with the game. So it's only logical to assume that they ban both violations. That explains why some guys said Nintendo told him there were 2 types of ban. 1 for illegal copy, and 1 for playing early.
or like said before,
they couldn't really tell the difference,
and they were preparing a ban wave, and didn't want reviewers to get caught in the crossfire.

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

But this will be a workaround only for N3Ds users, isn't it?

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
or like said before,
they couldn't really tell the difference,
and they were preparing a ban wave, and didn't want reviewers to get caught in the crossfire.
No, they could. If you used a CIA even before it became available in the Eshop, that was the biggest flag possible to tell that you were a pirate.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would they unban a Reviewer who used online though, if they banned for playing early?
Doesn't really make much sense to me.

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This doesn't fix Bank, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol