Has anyone come across Iffy/Faulty RPI 2040s?

ConsoleKid69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I received a batch of 2040s from Ali which were quite cheap and installed a few but seem to be having issues.
I have never really had issues with chips, just the odd one from sxos back in the day.

I started doing some installs over the weekend and I was getting alsorts of weird things happening like Atmosphere errors and freezing at random times and spent way too much time trying to figure out what was going on.
This was happening on all 4 consoles I was doing. Bear in mind I have modded hundreds of these since day one.
There was Erista/Oled/Mariko systems, I swapped the chip out from another batch and worked flawlessy...

So be careful guys where you buy your chips... Im talking about the RPI2040 blue board ones.

Anyone else had this?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
TBH if you buy any chips such as rpi 2040 you should always run a test program such as a "blink" sketch or a sketch to test all the gpio pins work before trying to install in anything. This would save you a lot of time and misery if you installed a faulty chip, and at least you would know the chip works fine and the issue would be with your install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...