Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Somebunny

Somebunny is lurking in the shadows...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There seem to be some issues for some people in Germany getting through to Nintendos servers, I just got asked by MirkoD, who seems to have the same problems as I do - random error messages in the Zone viewer and generally no contact to the relay server. SignZ doesn't seem to have these problems... yet, but my current problems seems to be a result of something along the route (i.e. can't do anything about it but waiting). Right now, I can't seem to get to any MAC address, even my smartphone decided to stop working - but at least it doesn't seem to be anything on Nintendos side.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
There seem to be some issues for some people in Germany getting through to Nintendos servers, I just got asked by MirkoD, who seems to have the same problems as I do - random error messages in the Zone viewer and generally no contact to the relay server. SignZ doesn't seem to have these problems... yet, but my current problems seems to be a result of something along the route (i.e. can't do anything about it but waiting). Right now, I can't seem to get to any MAC address, even my smartphone decided to stop working - but at least it doesn't seem to be anything on Nintendos side.
Well dont know about it here, havent spoofed anything today.
Something i also found out is that or no one uses letterbox or it doesnt send letters to the others

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm In Australia Using attwifi SSID on my Note 2 Android and im getting so many hits from all the different MACS :) I live in a part of Australia where i am luck to get two hits a week! so this is such a great find for us Aussies!
I really hope Nintendo dont block this! We are never getting Nintendo Zones here so this is the only way! Going to setting a perm Nintendo Zone on my server soon! awesome work everyone!!

KARAGUNIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have changed my mac adress several times using my routers options (192.168.2.1 ) ,my ssid , i have access to nintendo zone although im from greece and there is no nintendo zone here, but i have NO streetpasses . i cant get what im doing wrong!!!! :/ .
1) the 3ds system has a mac adress. is this mac usefull??
2) im using windows 8 ,wirelless conection ,but the wireless usb im using ,has its own mac ,and i dont know how to change that.

NITROFOX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried and managed to connect, but the green light does not appear on my 3DS, should I leave the 3DS closed for how long? Left over 10 minutes and no green light.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. During the last 24 hours, I got more StreetPass encounters that otherwise in an entire month (including somebody from Tokyo - I did believe that this is the one place on the world where relay abuse is not required :) )
Probably me, though I'm not actually in Tokyo

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i have changed my mac adress several times using my routers options (192.168.2.1 ) ,my ssid , i have access to nintendo zone although im from greece and there is no nintendo zone here, but i have NO streetpasses . i cant get what im doing wrong!!!! :/ .
1) the 3ds system has a mac adress. is this mac usefull??
2) im using windows 8 ,wirelless conection ,but the wireless usb im using ,has its own mac ,and i dont know how to change that.
Are you spoofing with your router or computer?

tried and managed to connect, but the green light does not appear on my 3DS, should I leave the 3DS closed for how long? Left over 10 minutes and no green light.
Can you connect to nintendo zone? Can you open the app and browse it normally?

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some testing with Signz I've begun to believe that SSID does matter.

I seeded a MAC#1 as attwifi. He connects as _The Cloud, does not get a hit. He tries attwifi, still nothing.
He seeds MAC#2 as _The Cloud. I change my SSID and MAC to match both and I receive his Pass.
I seed MAC#3 as _The Cloud. He receives it with _The Cloud.

So it seems that it is 1 Hit per Mac per 8 Hours. However if the person who hit that MAC first has a different SSID than you, you will not get their pass.

We do not know if the relay's MAC can hold multiple SSIDs though. Which might be the next thing to test.

Can someone test to see if they get JRave from 32:53:50:4F:4F:49 using attwifi please?

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
After doing some testing with Signz I've begun to believe that SSID does matter.

I seeded a MAC#1 as attwifi. He connects as _The Cloud, does not get a hit. He tries attwifi, still nothing.
He seeds MAC#2 as _The Cloud. I change my SSID and MAC to match both and I receive his Pass.

So it seems that it is 1 Hit per Mac per 8 Hours. However if the person who hit that MAC first has a different SSID than you, you will not get their pass.

We do not know if the relay's MAC can hold multiple SSIDs though. Which might be the next thing to test.

Can someone test to see if they get JRave from 32:53:50:4F:4F:49 using attwifi please?
If that mught be true we dhould chang to attwifi (because some apps dont allow the use of spaces)

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK on that MAC with attwifi I got JRave so yes it worked.

KARAGUNIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Are you spoofing with your router or computer?

im using my pc via wireless conection to conect to my router and then changed the wan mac (clone mac adress option) and ssid .
but when i go to see whats my mac adress (via a program i have) ,it shows me the wireless usb's mac. maybe thats the problem. maybe i have to conect via ethernet cable. i cant find other solution

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only MAC you need to change is the one that the 3DS connects to first. In my case I spoof the MAC for my USB Wifi connector. I don't change any other MAC address. If you are using Windows 7 (and maybe 8) you will be unable to set your MAC to certain addresses.

For those doing their spoofing through Windows 7 you need to follow the rules listed here. http://lizardsystems.com/wiki/change_mac_address/faq/change_mac_address_in_windows_7

Code:
 So the possible MAC addresses in Windows 7 for wireless adapters:

X2-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
    X6-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
    XA-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
    XE-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

We should change to Bestbuy cuz some people want password.

I would agree with that, however my 3DS refuses to connect with Bestbuy under WPA2 for some reason.

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
We should change to Bestbuy cuz some people want password.
With the script somebunny made you can lock by mac (just place your 3ds mac in a list and its only that 3ds that connects to it
im using my pc via wireless conection to conect to my router and then changed the wan mac (clone mac adress option) and ssid .
but when i go to see whats my mac adress (via a program i have) ,it shows me the wireless usb's mac. maybe thats the problem. maybe i have to conect via ethernet cable. i cant find other solution
Well for the start you cant use win8 or 7 (atm ) but you can use your router is it a dd-wrt compatible? Otherwise use a ubuntu live cd and follow my guide

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everybody changing their SSID to the same sounds like a really good idea. That way it's (almost, you never know) guaranteed to exchange Streetpass data. I agree with using Bestbuy (that would also support WEP, right? My stick doesn't support WPA/WPA2 in AP mode, only WEP).

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK using _The Cloud on that MAC I got Kaleo

Someone else must have grabbed it between me listing it and you trying again. I'm going to be unable to test for a little while, so if you and someone else want to play around with it privately go for it. It's easier for you to test since you have multiple 3DS's.

Everybody changing their SSID to the same sounds like a really good idea. That way it's (almost, you never know) guaranteed to exchange Streetpass data. I agree with using Bestbuy (that would also support WEP, right? My stick doesn't support WPA/WPA2 in AP mode, only WEP).

Its setup for WPA2 only as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1