Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Bushma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

My modem is an Actiontec MI424MR (which I mainly use as the wifi router for my house), and I can't find a way to disable the security on it to use that as a Nintendo Zone. I have a second router D-Link DIR-615, which I can spoof the mac address and change the SSID so my 3DS sees that as a Nintendo Zone. The DLink is running a cable to the Actiontec to get internet access so I can get online with the 3DS. Problem is that I'm still not getting a streetpass. I've tried several different mac addresses and SSIDs.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not so good with machines, only reading the instructions confuse me, hope someone make a video for Mac or Android soon.

Skullx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow got it working for once, I got a couple Streetpass hits in total. :D
Garfunk from Italy, who's that? :P

EDIT: It seems I've gotten 2 streetpasses in total with attwifi for :46 and :47. I'm not getting anything with 48 I'm guessing this is the "cool down" period? Changing SSID to _The Cloud didn't get me any more streetpasses either. EDIT EDIT: Switched to :49 with _The Cloud it takes longer to get street passes than attwifi but I got another after a couple minutes.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I have a Motorola SGB6580 modem, and I cannot spoof a mac address, and I don't really want to go out and get another router to do this because none of the routers out there will work, and I don't have mobile data on my phone. Am I royally screwed, or can I use a Windows program like Connectify to do this?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So I have a Motorola SGB6580 modem, and I cannot spoof a mac address, and I don't really want to go out and get another router to do this because none of the routers out there will work, and I don't have mobile data on my phone. Am I royally screwed, or can I use a Windows program like Connectify to do this?
Get Linux on your pc.

NekoiNemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Managed to make it work with "_The Cloud"(EU) but don't have such luck with either "_attwifi"(US) or "wifine"(JP). Do i need to set some another MAC or it has something to do with ip location?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
There's linux.

Managed to make it work with "_The Cloud"(EU) but don't have such luck with either "_attwifi"(US) or "wifine"(JP). Do i need to set some another MAC or it has something to do with ip location?
just use the _The Cloud. Btw its "attwifi" (without the_)

NekoiNemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
just use the _The Cloud. Btw its "attwifi" (without the_)[/quote]

Oh... Thank you!
I will, but later. Now i want to test some things... Like "twhich ssid will ds connect to if i will create multiple 'legit' NZ via interfaces?"

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone doing this via that Wifi tether on android?
I've been trying to do it, but no luck, speed is pretty much non existant.

I also just noticed Wi-fi isnt working on my phone while Wi-fi tether is running.

EDIT: Oh I think wi-fi tether just takes control over Wi-fi settings or something. If you try turning Wi-fi in the system settings, a message comes up from wi-fi tether along the lines of "What the hell!? Phone has regained control of wi-fi interface"

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Kibouzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I woke up today and lo and behold, I tag a user from Cali... but the name on it was Duo8. I'm using the Bestbuy SSID. Duo8, when was the last time you tagged on :46?

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust