Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have access to 3g? If so go for the root, spoof the mac and do the hotspot. For win 8 I dont know. Maybe try ubuntu live disk

FireGrey - I would agree with Dica. Go for the root if you are comfortable with making that sort of change to your phone. Otherwise you could try Ubuntu Live Disk like he said, or create a partition on your PC and install Ubuntu. I don't know the method from Ubuntu - but I know a few are successfully making it work on the thread.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
FireGrey - I would agree with Dica. Go for the root if you are comfortable with making that sort of change to your phone. Otherwise you could try Ubuntu Live Disk like he said, or create a partition on your PC and install Ubuntu. I don't know the method from Ubuntu - but I know a few are successfully making it work on the thread.
What I made on ubuntu was connect a ethernet cable, connect a wifi dongle (on my laptop) and then download hostapd and dnsmasq then edit the script to tell which wlan are using has input and which one to use as hotspot. Then just run the script

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how you can do this without making your router wide open. Make your SSID _The Cloud on your router. Set it up as 1 of the 3 network connection with the security. It should still recognize it as Nintendo Zone, but I must admit it was quite stubborn to even want to connect and I had to power cycle alot. But I just did it this way and got a streetpass.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I made on ubuntu was connect a ethernet cable, connect a wifi dongle (on my laptop) and then download hostapd and dnsmasq then edit the script to tell which wlan are using has input and which one to use as hotspot. Then just run the script

Get me an "official" write-up guide on this, and I will post it to the Spreadsheet under the Tutorial part :) :)
Only if you're willing/able - if not no worries. I'm just trying to get more tutorials for people, so we can get more streetpassers!

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Im trying to spoof my Galaxy Note MAC. When I change the MAC for the one we've been using the 3DS can't connect to the AP.

If I connect the 3DS to the AP BEFORE spoofing the MAC it does connect but it doesn't give any hits.

Guess I'm going to try with MACs people have been posting to see if anything happens.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Please read Nintendo we're making you money doing this not trying to cheat you out of it! :)

Nintendo aren't going to care about a handful of people who use a workaround for the StreetPass relay. They might try and find a way to fix it, but seeing as we're not doing any harm then I can't see them spending time and money to penalize us for it.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
1. Download 3.3 beta 2. (although 3.4 experimental should work).
2. Change SSID to attwifi (_The Cloud would be optimal, but the app does not allow for spaces in SSID.)
3. Enable Mac Address Spoof
4. Change MAC to whatever you need.
5. Wait for a minute. You should connect automatically shortly, and then a streetpass should follow.

That app is the most simple method of doing this on a rooted Android device for me so far because it has the spoofing mechanism in the tether application. I am currently looking for another tether application that would allow for spaces in SSID and use of the MAC Address Ghost app, which allows for profiles of MAC Addresses.

The most data I've used is 100 kbs down and 500 kbs up with a hit. But YMMV, watch the meter.

is there a way to change the mac address without rooting the android device?

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
1. Download 3.3 beta 2. (although 3.4 experimental should work).
2. Change SSID to attwifi (_The Cloud would be optimal, but the app does not allow for spaces in SSID.)
3. Enable Mac Address Spoof
4. Change MAC to whatever you need.
5. Wait for a minute. You should connect automatically shortly, and then a streetpass should follow.

That app is the most simple method of doing this on a rooted Android device for me so far because it has the spoofing mechanism in the tether application. I am currently looking for another tether application that would allow for spaces in SSID and use of the MAC Address Ghost app, which allows for profiles of MAC Addresses.

The most data I've used is 100 kbs down and 500 kbs up with a hit. But YMMV, watch the meter.

I tried using that app in my Galaxy S Captivate with CM 10.1 with no results. I configured the settings but I can't see the network. The log in the app says that Setting ad-hoc, essid and channel failed. I tried most things on my android with no result. :(

DetachableMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to get the MAC address for a router that sits near the security checkpoint in a major airport that is a Nintendo Zone. I think the variety of people you streetpass would add to the fun. Streetpassing with the same limited pool of people would possibly make it not as fun.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blech I bit the bullet and got ubuntu.

My wireless driver is cfg80211

someone please walk me through compiling hostapd. I can't even run:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libnl-dev libssl-dev

without an error

I get:
Code:
"Package libnl-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package. "

help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol