Has a 'nintendont booter' been developed yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fatherjack, Jan 24, 2015.

1. fatherjack
    OP

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    What I specifically mean is a way to compile a forwarder dol to boot a specific GC game title / ID with nintendont so it can be used in a custom GameCube channel?
    similar to how DM booter worked from here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-currently-any-dml-forwarders.324890/#post-4181249
    I seem to remember just altering a line in the code, then compiling the dol for your chosen game - was really easy for non-coders such as myself ( thanks to FIX94) :)

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    this would be cool, install the channels to emunand and boot them via wiiflow.

Kelton2 likes this.
  3. TheBroCode

TheBroCode GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    You can get the same results using USB Loader GX and channel view. You can edit the channel banners in the cache I think.

4. fatherjack
    OP

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    Thanks all, just wanted channels for my audio streaming favs - Eternal darkness and Starfox adventures.........don't suppose there's anything like this for devo either ?

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you have a banner animation file (.bnr) you can use USBLoaders to display them.

in USBLoaderGX, you place the ID4.bnr or ID6.bnr in /apps/usbloader_gx/cache_bnr/
    then go to settings > banners > enable banner caching to load banners from this path.

all your gamecube games can have a banner, whether you choose to boot DM/DML/DEVO/NIN from the loader.
    Each games can have a per-game settings which are easilly edited.

Per game settings would be harder to edit if you create Forwarder channel for system menu to autoboot a game.
    It would be possible by reading a per-game setting file stored on SD or USB before launching nintendont, but requires manual edition.
    using a loader's front end is easier and provide more options.

fatherjack likes this.
  6. fatherjack
    OP

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here