Hacking Has a 'nintendont booter' been developed yet?

fatherjack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I specifically mean is a way to compile a forwarder dol to boot a specific GC game title / ID with nintendont so it can be used in a custom GameCube channel?
similar to how DM booter worked from here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-currently-any-dml-forwarders.324890/#post-4181249
I seem to remember just altering a line in the code, then compiling the dol for your chosen game - was really easy for non-coders such as myself ( thanks to FIX94) :)

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
You can get the same results using USB Loader GX and channel view. You can edit the channel banners in the cache I think.

fatherjack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks all, just wanted channels for my audio streaming favs - Eternal darkness and Starfox adventures.........don't suppose there's anything like this for devo either ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have a banner animation file (.bnr) you can use USBLoaders to display them.

in USBLoaderGX, you place the ID4.bnr or ID6.bnr in /apps/usbloader_gx/cache_bnr/
then go to settings > banners > enable banner caching to load banners from this path.

all your gamecube games can have a banner, whether you choose to boot DM/DML/DEVO/NIN from the loader.
Each games can have a per-game settings which are easilly edited.

Per game settings would be harder to edit if you create Forwarder channel for system menu to autoboot a game.
It would be possible by reading a per-game setting file stored on SD or USB before launching nintendont, but requires manual edition.
using a loader's front end is easier and provide more options.

Reactions: fatherjack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s