Hardest boss that you have ever faced in any RPG?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

MDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Milbane.jpg

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Valefor, FFX. I have no clue where to even begin with that guy and he's supposed to be the easiest one :S And the final boss in Trauma Centre was a nightmare, it took me hours to nail that thing.
Hmm...there was that one boss near the end of final fantasy VIII. For some reason, I lost all my stuff in some castle. So when I faced her (I was pretty sure 't was a "she"), she just blew my entire party away in one or two hits (my reply barely scratched her armor). Load game, second try: exactly the same. I never bothered a third time.
If you explore the castle first you can fight/unlock some stuff to get your abilities back ;) Even after that, it's still the longest boss fight I've ever had to do so allow plenty of time for it.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a frequent RPG player. Hardest for me is a guy named "Culex" in Super Mario RPG. He's a sidequest/hidden boss, and not anything like the other characters in the game. I've played more time-consuming bosses, but as for coming out of it feeling lucky to survive, Culex for sure.

0.jpg

edited to replace pic.

learnin2hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goresby-Purrvis in Dragon Quest 9 one hit killed my priest all of the time :(
Beat him when i got a level 60 Paladin :ha:.
Does anybody know a game like DQ9 for PS vita (vita/psp/psx) :yaypsp:

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget the name, but the alternate end boss of Star Ocean 2. I accidentally unlocked him in a secret area. I plow my way through the end of the game, no problem, and hit this wall hard. I level up 40 more levels and still had no luck. I eventually gave up, heh. I later read what had happened (that I unlocked a powerful version of the final boss, and in order to beat him I probably would have had to level up my characters 80 more levels). I was done, heh.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember Culex was really tough the first couple times around as a kid, but then I quickly learned how incredibly powerful you can get in Mario RPG with the lazy shell and whatnot.

Exdeath in Final Fantasy 5's a bit ridiculous. And even the bosses that come before him.

Final Fantasy 3, I don't remember so well, but there's this battle against two elders or something, each of them turn into monsters, and you have to fight them one after the other. I could beat the first guy, but then my party would be practically dead for the next battle and I just couldn't make it.
BUT, that could be because I was at a low level, not sure.

Guillo in Baten Kaitos Origins. That took a quiiite a few tries.

And, Steel Mechorilla's tough in Mother 3 if you haven't figured out the thunder strategy.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
for me was Dullahan from Golden Sun : The Lost Age.
Hes kinda faceroll if you spam summons....

Anyways mine would be Ornstein and Smough for the first time no co op or solaire help. Took him after about 50~ tries. All other bosses that i have beaten that is RPG has always taken me less than 10 tries.

EDIT: From dark souls ofc.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Warrior Monsters, Master Monster Tamer. Hes the last thing to fight in the end game (and the DWM has a hell of an end game). Hes the last Arena fight you have. No crowd, just you and 3 massive monsters. A Gold Slime, Divigion, and RoseVine. Terrifying.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Chaos from the original NES Final Fantasy
The boss from the first .hack// game(don't remember his name)
Dhoulmagus from Dragon Quest 8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.