Hardest boss that you have ever faced in any RPG?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Hard to say since I have played so many RPGs.
But Ornstein and Smough from dark souls was a pain in the ass. Same with Four Kings.

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brock, playing with Pokemon Yellow. Could not defeat his rock type Pokemons for the life of me.

get a few insect pokemon from the forest and level them up slightly? only thing that made that hard was yourself
Yes, I agree. I am my own worst enemy, maybe the hardest boss in "my RPG". KEKEKKEKEKEKKEKEKE

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Excluding the optional superbosses, because that's too cliche,

- I got stuck on the Materia Keeper in FF7 for a while. Until I actually bothered exploring Nibelhiem, found the Odin materia, switched Aerith back to her level 1 Limit Breaks and paralyzed it with Seal Evil for most of the fight.

- I found FF9's Necron hard, but only because I couldn't concentrate because I was too busy trying to figure out what the fuck he was meant to be.

- A few bosses in Valkyrie Profile 2:Silmeria kicked my ass a few times until I released some einherjar and accidentally used all the resulting stat boost crystal items on Alicia, turning her into a godly all-slayer while everyone else remained pussies, and she wiped the floor with everything solo for pretty much the rest of the game.

- I find the boss of level 11 of Silent Bomber completely impossible because every copy of the game I've ever had has had the same glitch where it locks up at the end of level 10, therefore I've never seen the boss of level 11. Beating me by denying me the opportunity to even try...

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a doubt the final boss from golden sun 2. That stupid dragon kept putting all my djinni in standby. I may have been severely underleveled but i beat it eventually.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Terranigma - Bloody mary:
very hard if you dont overly grind up untill you get to her. If you level a few levels higher than you need to be when you meet her then shes alot easier, but on first playthrough you dont know that and when you get to her shes like 10x harder than anything you've faced in the game before.

Tales of the abyss (3DS) Ariettas first boss battle AND the first time you fight legretta:
Both these battles are rediculously hard for first time playthroughs and i would be amazed if anyone beat either of these 2 first time. Legretta especially, her damage output is very very high with her gun attacks, trick is to try and avoid her attacks, but with 4 characters to switch between to move them out the way its almost impossible to learn without pre-planning.

Dissidia 012 - feral chaos (The final form fight which you need to beat to unlock him)
TOO god damn hard, i have still not beaten him. I would class this as the hardest boss in any frigging game ever. Not only are his attacks really fast and could destroy your bravery in pretty much 1 hit, he has rediculously high HP and the stage you fight him on is tiny and has nowhere to hide.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia 012 - feral chaos (The final form fight which you need to beat to unlock him)
TOO god damn hard, i have still not beaten him. I would class this as the hardest boss in any frigging game ever. Not only are his attacks really fast and could destroy your bravery in pretty much 1 hit, he has rediculously high HP and the stage you fight him on is tiny and has nowhere to hide.

Yeah that's not very fun at all. Best advice I could give is stack yourself with items/characters with high bravery and spam bravery attacks. And spam dodge as much as possible. Don't even bother moving normally, just spam dodge.

Although I still haven't beaten him. Did practically everything else in that game except for that.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tales of the abyss (3DS) Ariettas first boss battle AND the first time you fight legretta:
Both these battles are rediculously hard for first time playthroughs and i would be amazed if anyone beat either of these 2 first time. Legretta especially, her damage output is very very high with her gun attacks, trick is to try and avoid her attacks, but with 4 characters to switch between to move them out the way its almost impossible to learn without pre-planning.

I beat both of them on my first time.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Dissidia 012 - feral chaos

Yeah that's not very fun at all. Best advice I could give is stack yourself with items/characters with high bravery and spam bravery attacks. And spam dodge as much as possible. Don't even bother moving normally, just spam dodge.

Although I still haven't beaten him. Did practically everything else in that game except for that.

Im the same, done everything else in the game apart from him, iv watched stratagys of people trying to beat him, tried different characters with the more spammable moves and still cant do it, i have barely even took 1/3 of his life off on the best attempt. I just dont have the patience to beat him anymore either. He is and will probably remain the only boss ill never beat in my life.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brock, playing with Pokemon Yellow. Could not defeat his rock type Pokemons for the life of me.

get a few insect pokemon from the forest and level them up slightly? only thing that made that hard was yourself

Insect is weak to Rock and Rock is resistant to Insect. Also none of the Insect types there learn Grass moves.

The best option to defeat him was a Mankey (if they were available in that game? I thought they were off near the grass leading to the Indigo Plateau) or a Nidoran (if they made Double Kick a fighting move yet).

oh it has litterally been years but I swear you couldn't get a manky that early in the game. Swear I got one of the insect pokemon from the forest, evolved him and grinded him a bit until he could use a poison move then spammed it on his rock pokemon which crippled him. just don't recall the first gym battle being that hard is all

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the Persona 4 boss battles were really hard like:
Shadow Mitsuo, took me weeks to grind and search for personas to fuse
I do agree on the Pokemon Yellow thing, Brock was hard when I was a kid but now I can pretty much mop the floor with him.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat