Half Life 2 and Portal Come to Android, NVIDIA Shield only

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet the Shield 2 will be a beast and with it will come a lot of ports to Android.

Anyone know the most powerfull Android Device at the momment? Its the Note 3?
I wonder if they are going to use the K1 or the next chip. I also wonder if they are going to change
the form factor to be pocketable.

Most of the recent devices have the same specs, so it hard to keep track, but OnePlus One is maybe the strongest one.
Tho, that may soon change with the Galaxy S5 prime. Note 4 will probably even 1up even that.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I wonder if they are going to use the K1 or the next chip. I also wonder if they are going to change
the form factor to be pocketable.

Most of the recent devices have the same specs, so it hard to keep track, but OnePlus One is maybe the strongest one.
Tho, that may soon change with the Galaxy S5 prime. Note 4 will probably even 1up even that.
Umm...the S5 has been already out for like weeks. I just hope they reveal the Shield 2 soon. Im so tempted to buy a Shield but I know the Shield 2 will be a lot more powerful so Ill better wait. Also all tge emulators that are on Android and everything makes Android the perfect Platform for Mobile Gaming. If only Gaming Companies(The big ones) take it more srsly we could have been playing better games. Not saying there arent good games for Android.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you'd rather use an external controller or flimsy on-screen controls than a full-blown and comfortable handheld gaming device?
Would MUCH rather use an external controller of my choice. The bigger screen is definitely worth it, and the tablet form is far more convenient and versatile to use when you're not gaming. The bulk of the shield with it's tiny screen isn't in my taste. The only advantage in my eyes is battery life, but I'm never away from a charger for that long.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would rather just skip the S5 Prime prime and wait on those Snap810 phones. I'd hate to invest in the 805's now when I just learned the early next year we'll be getting 64-bit processors. Which kinda sucks because just a few months ago I was drooling over 805's while damning HTC and Samsung for using 800/801's

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok so I have a LG G Flex. Will the Shield be better on Games or the G Flex will? A friend is selling me his for $90(Shield) but I already have the G Flex.

Also if you wanna wait better wait for something better like the Tegra5, that new chip that NVIDIA revealed last year with the Power of a PS3 or something like that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I found this, not sure if it counts as a source though. :\

Hmm, I'll have to give this a try when I get home then, just to confirm it supports other phones (I have a Galaxy S4 ATM) Will post results when I do.

EDIT: Tried it with my S4, couldn't get past the Source logo. Tried with the recommended GLTool settings from the XDA post, tried with a modified APK, and nothing.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its working on my galaxy s3
enabled these options:

enable custom settings
use fake gpu info
use fake cpu info
use template (tegra 4 shield)
simple mapbuffer
software vbo
use packed stencil buffer
half float texture pack
fix fbo attachment sizes
decode srgb

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
its working on my galaxy s3
enabled these options:

enable custom settings
use fake gpu info
use fake cpu info
use template (tegra 4 shield)
simple mapbuffer
software vbo
use packed stencil buffer
half float texture pack
fix fbo attachment sizes
decode srgb

Got past the Source screen with these, but the textures appeared to be all black and was unplayable for me.

Others might have different experiences, so this in no way says the thing doesn't work though, so give it a try guys

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok so I have a LG G Flex. Will the Shield be better on Games or the G Flex will? A friend is selling me his for $90(Shield) but I already have the G Flex.

Also if you wanna wait better wait for something better like the Tegra5, that new chip that NVIDIA revealed last year with the Power of a PS3 or something like that.
Can anyone help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1