Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

omegadelta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trying to play X-Men Children Of The Atom but there is no intro music. The audio of the game it's self works just fine, but during the attract mode when you start the game, it's just silent. Not a big deal, I just thought that there could be something I could do. I tried the game on my computer and the intro audio is there. Don't know why it's not there on the nes classic.

A little late to answer, but by default the attract music is off in X-Men COTA. You need to go into the in-game Test Menu and go to Configuration > System > Demo Sound and flip it to 'on'.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late to answer, but by default the attract music is off in X-Men COTA. You need to go into the in-game Test Menu and go to Configuration > System > Demo Sound and flip it to 'on'.
You mean the menu you get when you hit select and start ?

Nope. I just looked and there IS no in game test menu. Therefore, I can't go to any configuration - system - demo sound option like you suggest. Any other ideas ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

omegadelta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mean the menu you get when you hit select and start ?

Nope. I just looked and there IS no in game test menu. Therefore, I can't go to any configuration - system - demo sound option like you suggest. Any other ideas ?

I'm using RetroArch Xtreme 1.75 w/ fba2018 so the following instructions may be slightly different depending on your core setup:

Fire up X-Men, then dip back to the RetroArch menu. Under Options section there is an option labelled "diagnostic input" (it is the last option in my setup) which is disabled. Flip it on by choosing one of the available controller input triggers (I went with hold start) then resume the game. When in game, do the input you chose (ex: hold down the start button) and the test menu will come up. Change the settings you need to your preference.

Last edited by omegadelta,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using RetroArch Xtreme 1.75 w/ fba2018 so the following instructions may be slightly different depending on your core setup:

Fire up X-Men, then dip back to the RetroArch menu. Under Options section there is an option labelled "diagnostic input" (it is the last option in my setup) which is disabled. Flip it on by choosing one of the available controller input triggers (I went with hold start) then resume the game. When in game, do the input you chose (ex: hold down the start button) and the test menu will come up. Change the settings you need to your preference.
I don't know that that's an option, but I'll check later on tonight and let you know.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope. I'm checking right now. And there is nothing like what you say. In options, all there is is CPU Speed Overclock and Controls. I checked every single menu and there is nothing that says diagnostic input.

Thanks for trying to help, though. It's not a big thing, really, I just miss the attract audio. The game plays just fine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am looking for the patches that are applied to EarthBound in an original SNES Mini dump.
Can someone send me the patch file, please?
I want to reverse engineer the changes done to it for romhacking documentation.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dropped by to see if anyone knows how to get the attract music going for X-Men children of the atom. The game audio plays just fine, but the intro music is gone.

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hakchi v3.5.3

I got my Games working on my NES Classic

But, not my SNES Classic

I can't get Genesis Plus GX working on my SNES Classic, It works on my NES Classic ..I'm flashing the Custom Kernel, Installed the Core

Nothing

I'm gettiing C7 Error's on the Any Genesis Game I Select, and yes I have Game path as "/bin/genesis-plus-gx "

Here my steps

1. Add Games
2. Flash Custom Kernel
3. Install Cores
4. Synchronize Games

I have Flashed, Unistalled,Re-Flashed..Same thing I'm doing this like 10 times, trying to get it to work on my SNES Classic

I don't really ask for help, cause I look & figure stuff out, But I'm at a lost here

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mmh i can run trails of mana through retroar h with snes9x 2016 and 2018.
But the Text is blurry.
On canoe it Was preset 1610 but that doesnt work on retroarch.
How Do i get the high res Mode activate in retroarch?

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell you get the Sega CD Bios to work on the SNES Classic?

Do you drag & drop it somewhere? Now I have the OTG USB Adapter, I can add Sega CD games

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to keep the shaders off of X-Men Children Of The Atom, but every time I start the system, the shader is still on. I turn it off and hit save game overrides and any other save function I can find but it does nothing.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Might as well ask for some help here. PM me if you have the contents of the dump hakchi folder stock/clean for both mini consoles. I change my PC and forgot about it comepletlely and now want to return them to stock and use an OTG cable to boot extra games. Trld: Power on withou USB drive = stock, power on with USB drive = hakchi.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any kind soul can update me on the status of this?

I was wondering if there was any work being done on this. Seems most discord groups that focus on these systems have since moved wholesale to another version of hakchi entirely.
That's correct. Hakchi 2 CE (community edition) because the original hakchi 2 gui (yes, the original was labelled 2) was abandoned by its developer.

See: https://modmyclassic.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?