Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Patton,

I was looking at your compatibility list and it looks easy to follow.

I didn't watch all videos yet but does some arcade requires you to add neogeo bios in the archive? Just asking because that's what I did in my mame2003mini. I used to have m2003 but doesn't work for some reason. Not sure if this was fixed already in updated hmods.

Can I request for Darkstalkers series? :)

Thanks!
I have never messed with any bios files when running my arcade games and I believe that is due to KMDFManic updating his core sets without the need for a bios file. Oh and if you haven't already I highly recommend upgrading to the newest hakchi and newest KMDFManic core files.

Oh and here's Darkstalkers.

Last edited by PPlays,

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have never messed with any bios files when running my arcade games and I believe that is due to KMDFManic updating his core sets without the need for a bios file. Oh and if you haven't already I highly recommend upgrading to the newest hakchi and newest KMDFManic core files.

Oh and here's Darkstalkers.

Cool I'm now using Hakchi CE 1.1 and latest KMDFManic cores but haven't tried arcade games... maybe after finishing N64s.

Do you happen to have all the list of arcade hmods you've used so far? Can you install all of them without conflicts?

It would be great if we could add links section where you download the exact rom you use in the video. All other roms are easy to download but arcade games are sometimes pain in googling lol.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 2-21-21

Good news is Super Game Boy actually works, now! The bad news is, it is incredibly slow and will prove to be much more of a cool gimmick than something to play seriously! I did quite a bit of testing and have been fixing things up. It will be released when I am home from work later today! Despite the slowness, I still had fun checking many games out and seeing the Custom Borders, etc! I will still throw up a video, and get a great release posted Later Today! Thanks everyone:) Sorry Super Game Boy couldn't run any faster! We tried!!! Feel free to comment on anything you might like to see in Today's Update! There will be more aspect ratio fixes, etc, too:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HELLO!!!:bow:

MR. KMFDManic:wub: is possible that you have a video or you can create a simple video, very basic, to install in nes and snes games by usb.

In two words a tutorial by Mr. KMFDManic.

Since Cluster and TeamShinkansen do not give many explanations about it.

Thank you!!!:grog:

This is not at all difficult:) You can already use USB-HOST, I assume:) Simply set up your NES/SNES Games, and export them to the USB Games Folder:)

Command lines should be /bin/nestopia and/or /bin/fceumm for NES And, for SNES, if you want to run Canoe, simply leave them alone. If you want to run SNES9X, make command line, with ONE single SNES9x Installed, /bin/snes Let me know if you need anything else, buddy:)

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, no limit. I believe someone got a 1TB drive working.

Hi Patton - have you tried any later more demanding arcade games like Sega Rally, Crazy Taxi, GTI Club, Super Monkey Ball (has a chd file) etc? I assume Star Wars Trilogy is out of the question!

I’ll try myself once I’ve done the usb mod, but wondered if there’s a cutoff where arcade games don’t run well (or at all) on the mini?

Cheers

Last edited by Turnbl,

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a limit on USB size? Has anyone had success with 128gb yet?

I'm using my spare 500gb 2.5" hdd slapped into enclosure.

upload_2018-2-21_22-18-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-21_22-17-4.png
    upload_2018-2-21_22-17-4.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 225

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Patton - have you tried any later more demanding arcade games like Sega Rally, Crazy Taxi, GTI Club, Super Monkey Ball (has a chd file) etc? I assume Star Wars Trilogy is out of the question!

I’ll try myself once I’ve done the usb mod, but wondered if there’s a cutoff where arcade games don’t run well (or at all) on the mini?

Cheers
In my experience, 3D arcade games run really badly on the SNESC. Or just don't run at all.

Cool I'm now using Hakchi CE 1.1 and latest KMDFManic cores but haven't tried arcade games... maybe after finishing N64s.

Do you happen to have all the list of arcade hmods you've used so far? Can you install all of them without conflicts?

It would be great if we could add links section where you download the exact rom you use in the video. All other roms are easy to download but arcade games are sometimes pain in googling lol.

Unfortunately providing links to download roms is against a lot of website's terms of service. The best I do in my later videos is give the name of the zip file and the version that I found to work. I have been keeping a list of all the games I have tested with the corresponding core used, and the version of the game if you'd like to take a look. There are multiple tabs on the bottom for completed games, or games that aren't working.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ucBPIU120S0bHk72csvaxnRzhwZZEkCgXO4HQrSHU4/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: LuigiXL

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 2-21-21 Again**

Things went well, and I will definitely be pushing out slooowwww Super Game Boy Support today! It is incredibly slow. But, it is still an extremely awesome gimmick, loading up various games to see what Borders and palettes load for them! I have a few ideas of how to have a more optimal SGB Experience, which I will touch over in my Test Video, which will coincide directly with my release! A few other things I need to get done and added this week, if at all possible are Update the ReadMe files for the Cores to have a niftier appearance in Hakchi2 CE:) I will also try to get secondary ReadMe files in other languages, starting with Francais:) I have many Francais mon amis, so will start there:) Once things are situated, I will try to break into other Languages, too. I will also do a minor Language Video today about RetroArch. Anything else that anyone wants me to look into, let me know:) Earlier this year, I did a post about "What do you guys and gals want"? Most of the requested things have been accounted for, minus Amiga, DS, Dreamcast! So, things are going quite well:) So, check back for some videos and a supremely cool Update later today!!! Of course, I am still doing some more Mappers for N64!

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my experience, 3D arcade games run really badly on the SNESC. Or just don't run at all.

Unfortunately providing links to download roms is against a lot of website's terms of service. The best I do in my later videos is give the name of the zip file and the version that I found to work. I have been keeping a list of all the games I have tested with the corresponding core used, and the version of the game if you'd like to take a look. There are multiple tabs on the bottom for completed games, or games that aren't working.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ucBPIU120S0bHk72csvaxnRzhwZZEkCgXO4HQrSHU4/edit?usp=sharing

I've tried metal slug series using fb2016 but doesn't work.

What retroarch version are you using?

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if its possible to connect a controller to my snes usb otg it has 3 usb ports 1 being used for usb_host which leaves 2 spare ports. Would be extremly handy when playing some ps1 games. i do have a wii classic controller which has all the right buttons but the layout is rubbish

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using one of the Current RetroArchs from 2-19-18 set, along with Hakchi2 CE latest version, and let me know how things go.

Everything works now, I can't get the --no-scanlines thing to work but apart from that all is good, thanks everyone for all the help.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Thoradin

Thoradin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh man I hope so! I'd love to try out the Zelda games. I guess it would depend on how compatible the core is with the SNESC and if the hardware could handle it.

Power should not be a Problem the CGI was not really Powerful for its time, but it was a really good Video CD Device . Because of that most of the games wehre FMV games Dragons Lair 1&2 ,Kingdom the Far Reaches and Kingdom 2 (Thayer's Quest) etc ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP