Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any one having a problem with the new dantheman linked hackchi
It runs fine from my computer
But once it's on on my USB HD it says the drive is locked? If I try to load a game it errors and closes down

It's currently fat32 500gig drive, when I last had this same error I had to format to fat32
I wonder if I have to format to Ext4

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to take the USB-HOST plunge but I have a few questions about it. I've got my SNES setup w the latest version
of Hakchi2 and a bunch of games (Neo Geo, MAME2003, SNES, etc).

1) Once you 'setup' the USB-HOST modded SNES, how do you go back and add a game or hmod to it? Do you have to redo everything?
2) Do all the regular cores that work w Hakchi2 work with the USB-HOST mod? I saw that Neo-Geo doesn't, are a bunch of hmods not supported on USB-HOST?
3) I bought a 4-in-1 micro-usb OTG unit from > https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-in-1-Mic..._trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&autorefresh=true -- what USB sticks work with this setup? Should I look for a 16-32GB USB stick to use? Does it matter the brand?
4) What format is the best right now? Should I be using Ext4?

Thanks! I can't wait to try the USB-HOST mod!

Reactions: artemus3

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 1-6-18**

**HOTFIX** Thanks to pilgrimtohyperion for bringing it to my attention that multiple games were broken with the latest FBA 2016 Update/s. I rolled back to 12-21-17, which is fully stable, and here it is, til I post my Next Update:)

https://ufile.io/s2bx0

And, here is a Doom Game for you all to try out with PrBoom:)

Free Doom: Phase 2: Version v0.9 (Install PrBoom, copy prboom.wad into install directory, command line to /bin/prboom and, have fun:) I will post more of these, and hopefully some cooler mods, to boot, as time progresses!

https://ufile.io/xcfbn

WIP: I will offer up a Custom RetroArch Border Core, as well as NEO-GEO USB Bypass for USB-HOST, and a few other nifty, fun, surprises, per usual. I will adjust this post, accordingly, if anything else changes!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE 1-6-18

The theme of today is that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks! But, you can certainly teach a new dog old tricks! Special Characters Be Gone! You can now use the newly revised version of Linked Export by DanTheMan827 to add games, and remove special characters in the process!!! Be sure to add them with compressed option disabled! Then, compress them:) USB-HOST is consolidated into just 2 versions now, 1st release, and the latest, which has a black and white fix to make kachikachi games properly display in color on USB-HOST! MAME 2003 is Updated (Thanks gamez-fan) with some more fun games to play, such as Bonk's Adventure, Bakuretsu Breaker, and Pocket Gal Deluxe! Updated XMB Monochrome for use with current RetroArch:) RetroArch is still at 1.6.7. due to 2 minor conflicts (7zip and XMB do not currently function). Added freeware method of ext4. Other fun additions include much cooler Startup Music for Sega-CD!!! & a hot fix so that you can properly run Japanese Games with the PCSX Core! Enjoy Today's Update! I will put up WIP to let everyone know what to expect next:) But, expect tutorials on how to run NEO-GEO on USB-HOST, etc:) Personal thanks to DefKorns, SuperAwesome, Advokaten, bslenul, The Frenchman, pilotS1, DR1001, gingerbeardman, & pcm720 for helping test some of the Updates! Here are a few videos showing the newest additions

SNES Classic - Special Characters Be Gone!!! USB-HOST

SNES Classic - Brief XMB Monochrome Test

SNES Classic - MAME 2003 Compatibility Update!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Really, no need to thank me, I only submitted an idea out of personal taste. Thanks for taking time to do that!

EDIT:
On the freezing issue, As soon as I unplug my retro receivers I get no issue whatsoever using the SD mod, Retroarch with XMB nor anything... It's like these things ask too much juice, they don't make any issue when not using the SD mod, I've spoke with Skogaby and he's never had any issue like that. I'm now wondering if it has to do with the firmware, I see KMFDManic provides with the beta release of 108... I'll test this firmware see if it changes anything. (is it possible that the bug in Cluster's programing that had a script looping was reintroduced in my system when doing the SD mod?)

Last edited by The Frenchman,

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's things I would like to see added if possible...

- stop having to delete the SD Card/USB stick when adding new games.
- have a back button instead of having to keep scrolling to the arrow back folder to go up a level.
- one set of definitive hmods. I mean like one Mame, one fba, which are know working. So no like 3 versions of say fba as it gets confusing.
- a way to say add the same rom twice. Why you say becaue then you could create genre for your sets. So complete section A-Z, Shumps section, Platformers section etc and say you could have 1942 in both A-Z and Shumps folder

Ta
B

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

- have a back button instead of having to keep scrolling to the arrow back folder to go up a level.
- one set of definitive hmods. I mean like one Mame, one fba, which are know working. So no like 3 versions of say fba as it gets confusing.
- a way to say add the same rom twice. Why you say becaue then you could create genre for your sets. So complete section A-Z, Shumps section, Platformers section etc and say you could have 1942 in both A-Z and Shumps folder

Ta
B

What you should do is build a dummy SD in a file that mimmicks the folders you want and always send your games to that file before copying them to your SD card. Then you can just copy the games folders to the directories on your SD card itself.

Dunno if that make sense but that's how I do it.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ta
B
With today’s update there’s a new linked hakchi2 version where you don’t have to delete games folder before resyncing. It just overwrites existing games folder on USB/SD card.

Reactions: The Frenchman

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I setup the USB-HOST mod, and I have 3 games loaded (Mortal Kombat 3, SimCity..both SNES.. and Sonic CD for Sega CD). All 3 games work on the USB-HOST and play.

I watched all Kyland K's videos and I used the newer dantheman hakchi2 that eliminates special characters.. so far so good.

The problem is when I play Sonic CD.. the music will sometimes randomly get glitchy in a level and then correct itself when starting the next level. I've also had it freeze into
black when the music glitches start and it resets itself into the main menu of sonic cd.

Are the above issues "normal" for Sonic CD? Or should I be looking for a different ROM (I got mine from Emu)? I'm using all of Kyland K's latest cores and running Sonic CD with _km_genesis_plus_gx_12_25_17.hmod

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also noticed when I pause the game and unpause, it can cause the music to get glitchy as well.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I setup the USB-HOST mod, and I have 3 games loaded (Mortal Kombat 3, SimCity..both SNES.. and Sonic CD for Sega CD). All 3 games work on the USB-HOST and play.

I watched all Kyland K's videos and I used the newer dantheman hakchi2 that eliminates special characters.. so far so good.

The problem is when I play Sonic CD.. the music will sometimes randomly get glitchy in a level and then correct itself when starting the next level. I've also had it freeze into
black when the music glitches start and it resets itself into the main menu of sonic cd.

Are the above issues "normal" for Sonic CD? Or should I be looking for a different ROM (I got mine from Emu)? I'm using all of Kyland K's latest cores and running Sonic CD with _km_genesis_plus_gx_12_25_17.hmod

I also noticed when I pause the game and unpause, it can cause the music to get glitchy as well.

Full command line for the game? And, you using Genesis Plus GX from latest release, or one from a previous release?

Your command line is incorrect. Do the following.

Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was doing the USB-HOST mod on my SNESc yesterday, a video I followed said to:

1) UNINSTALL Hakchi2 from my SNES.
2) load the .hmod files I want to use.
3) do the Hakchi1 steps to get USB-HOST working.

My question is this.. how can you do step #2 after you uninstall Hakchi2? Don't you need the SNES to be modded (have Hakchi2 installed) to be able to load .hmods?

The video I followed was >

and at about 11:28 you can see where he uninstalls Hakchi2, then loads the hmods. How is that possible?

I followed all the steps and no games would load for me, I had to place a hakchi/transfer folder on my USB and put all my hmods there and let Hakchi1 load
them on the splash screen. And then it worked.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was doing the USB-HOST mod on my SNESc yesterday, a video I followed said to:

1) UNINSTALL Hakchi2 from my SNES.
2) load the .hmod files I want to use.
3) do the Hakchi1 steps to get USB-HOST working.

My question is this.. how can you do step #2 after you uninstall Hakchi2? Don't you need the SNES to be modded (have Hakchi2 installed) to be able to load .hmods?

The video I followed was >

and at about 11:28 you can see where he uninstalls Hakchi2, then loads the hmods. How is that possible?

I followed all the steps and no games would load for me, I had to place a hakchi/transfer folder on my USB and put all my hmods there and let Hakchi1 load
them on the splash screen. And then it worked.

My first tutorial used hakchi2 to install the hmods. It is not as good a method as using transfer folder. But, hakchi2 does work, if done correctly. You Would have to rebuild kernel, then memboot after.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first tutorial used hakchi2 to install the hmods. It is not as good a method as using transfer folder. But, hakchi2 does work, if done correctly. You Would have to rebuild kernel, then memboot after.

Can you transfer HMODs to an unmodded SNESc though? I thought you had to mod the SNESc first?

Last edited by LuckY07,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full command line for the game? And, you using Genesis Plus GX from latest release, or one from a previous release?

Your command line is incorrect. Do the following.

I think that fixed it, definitely runs way better :)

I renamed the Sonic CD files (bin/cue/inside cue all to "soniccd") and used your "chdman" utility to convert the bin/cue into a .chd file. Imported the game/folder structure to my USB-HOST
and was good to go.

Anyone have a Sega CD system icon? Or TurboGrafx-CD system icon? Thanks.

Reactions: artemus3

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that fixed it, definitely runs way better :)

I renamed the Sonic CD files (bin/cue/inside cue all to "soniccd") and used your "chdman" utility to convert the bin/cue into a .chd file. Imported the game/folder structure to my USB-HOST
and was good to go.

Anyone have a Sega CD system icon? Or TurboGrafx-CD system icon? Thanks.

I put all CD based games in the same folder and use this cover
CLV-S-00001.png

Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok got the new linked hakchi (special character removal) working by formatting to ext4 (works a treat)

but if i try to add covers via google it wont work i get this error from debuglog

Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section. at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()
at System.Net.WebRequest.get_InternalDefaultWebProxy()
Closing main
Saving config

any idea how to get round it is it due to ext4 formatting

thanks in advance

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have I missed a new version of hackchi2? I'm using 2.21f but there seems to have been 42 commits since that version on Github but no release as far as I can tell, is that correct? Thanks!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bit of some weirdness. I was playing Super Mario World on the SNES Classic, and noticed something that maybe someone here can help with. I had the cape that allows Mario to fly....which I love. I needed to stop playing. So, I went back a little bit to a ghost house, went back through it, and it asked me to save....which I did. But when I came back to the game later on, it started me as tiny Mario with no cape and not even the extra feather that I had in the little reserve box at the top of the screen. Was this an issue on the actual SNES ? It's really annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down...