1. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So after vigorous testing =D, finally. I have 2 receivers, they work perfectly fine. Basically I did what I posted just earlier.

All Patches can be found in their 8Bitdo forums, they are stickied in each forum.

Beta Patches
    Patch for Receiver Direct link: http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMxfGYxNjBlMTQ0fDE0ODgxMDI4NTN8MHwxNDA0
    Patch for Controllers Direct link: FC30/NES30/SFC30/SNES30 Controllers http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMyfDI4MTAwNmUzfDE0ODgwMTgzNjV8MHwxMTc5

Easy steps after patching:
    1. Plug receiver in player 1 port.
    2. Plug wired controller in player 2 port.
    3. Turn on NES Classic
    4. For the 1st 8bitdo device, hold start to begin pairing mode. The receiver should also be blinking blue LED.
    5. When paired should be solid blue on each.
    6. Go to a game that uses RetroArch, once game is loaded hit (default Start+Select to get into RetroArch menu) on the 8bitdo controller.
    7. On wired controller in player 2 port, navigate the menu: Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds.
    8. Go down to the user bind for directional, tap A on controller 2 to allow you to enter new binding, then on 8bitdo controller tap the corresponding direction.
    9. Follow steps until all directionals are set on controller 1.
    10. Confirm now with 8Bitdo device that you can move up and down through the menu.
    *Steps below are only needed if you have 2 receivers like myself
    11. Unplug 2nd controller and plug in 2nd receiver and pair that with 2nd controller.
    12. Once paired, this time use Controller 1 to go back 1 menu to Input Menu, this time select Input User 2 Binds.
    13. Follow steps from 8 to 10.
    14. Presto, both controllers are now functional, enjoy your gaming
    *PS I am not 100% sure if you need to do these steps if you re-flash due to the Retroarch configs get wiped. (If I am wrong that could be only if you re-flash RetroArch itself, if you just add games it should not affect it.)

As I stated I have one SNES30 and one SFC30, the reason I bought one of each is so I can differentiate between which one is Player 1 or Player 2 on the receiver, instead of labelling. Both cost the same when I bought it so.

I hope this helps with setting the controls up with it. If you need more help after this let me know =D Completed like 4 arcade games with some friends today, was fun :yay:

vintageretro, dulux and Piklz like this.
  2. Hacking_Myself

Hacking_Myself Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    It's something a friend is developing... A device that allows to connect any controller to any console... I'm testing it, and the results are very, very good. B-)

3. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    That's pretty sweet. Do you know if there is more input lag going to this device that is in between NESC and controller? I have seen adaptors like this, just curious. Very cool though.

4. Hacking_Myself

Hacking_Myself Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I had some issues like that... I don't know why yet.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, I've noticed some input lag. I have to make more tests. In the meanwhile, SNES, Genesis, and other systems on NES Mini has been so much easier to play. ^_^

5. Rob911

Rob911 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I use the Wii classic controller with the extension cable without any lags. IMHO it is the best controller to play NES, SNES and N64 without switching controllers.

Get this skin:
    https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/5661/wii-classic-controller-skin-retro

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I want to upgrade from hakchi2 2.12 > 2.13e (use 7z). Does anyone know what will happening to my savegames in retroarch? I guess the internal saves in the games will get lost.

Last edited by Rob911, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nice, yea I also have 2, but was just waiting on the 8Bitdo to update. So now I have multiple controllers that I can use so I am good. If I need the analog I can just pair my xbox, or PS3 controller if need be with the receiver.

7. biff

biff Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi! I dont know if I did everything right (obviously i didn't)

I added the newest cloverapp, installed the latest retroarch.hmod (both from 04-fix by pcm) and used hakchi2.13e

I added say 600 NES Games (which worked in 2.11) and now perhaps 300 PcEngine Games. 250mb in total, covers included. I selected Custom Folders

1 Folder NES
    1 Folder PcEngine

Now I thought inside these systemfolders subfolders would be created automatically? I dont know if it works this way. I got a Menu with my two folders and when I opened the NES one i got a black screen and when I turned off the Mini a C8 Error. I had to turn on and off the Mini to let it "shutting down" - when I started the console again I get a black screen again an have to turn off to get C8 an on and off again to "shutting down..."

Did I
    add too many roms? screwed the folders? installed something wrong?

:D

Oh I selected max games in folder 45 - so perhaps the PcEngine roms are bigger than nes ones and this ist the error?

what shall I do with those BIOS an libretro hmod files? check them to install it? add some BIOS files?

Last edited by biff, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Rob911

Rob911 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Q: Help! I am getting a C8 error code?
    A: Combined you have too many ROMs & save files in a single navigation folder. The recommendation is no more than 30 games per navigational folder. When you include the original 30 games as visible you can have the following:
    • 1 slot per game: 65
    • 2 slots per game: 49
    • 3 slots per game: 39
    • 4 slots per game: 32
    If you hade the original 30 games, but add them back in Hakchi you can have a few additional games. Please note this removes the screensaver demo reels as a result:
    • 1 slot per game: 99
    • 2 slots per game: 66
    • 3 slots per game: 49
    • 4 slots per game: 40
    IMPORTANT NOTE: This number is strictly for NES games. It is much lower for Non-NES games, likely less than a third.

Source/Credit: @soulctcher (Reddit Link)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nesc-faq-troubleshooting-for-hacking-nes-classic.462069/

9. MrTea

MrTea GBAtemp Fan

Brill thanks in advance for the advice... My retro receiver gets here in about a week so will be sure to use this. :)

10. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Increased/optimized 204x204 .pngs with transparencies icons for hakchi folders manager:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/gqlmht

Some are pretty new (made by me), others are readapted to be "prettier" in the Clover GUI menu. Feel free to (ab)use them :)

Most of them were taken form a packet shared by someone in this thread (don't remember who he is, sorry) but I thank him very much !!!

11. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Looks great, but why did you choose the SNES Jr./mini ?

12. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Too fast google search :)
    Here it is another one. Now you can choose the one you prefere :)

Attached Files:

Supermario130 likes this.
  13. ZaMaster

ZaMaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    That's the US console as far as I can tell.

14. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Indeed, haha, you are right :-D

15. TokyoMario

TokyoMario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Very cool. I'd add controllers to the missing consoles. Neo geo looks bland. Move logos around, for example N64. And add CPS 1 and 2 and Famicom.

16. pcm720

pcm720 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Okay guys, is the SNES9x2010 savestates problem still present?
    I think I know why that happens.

chillmodious and nesito like this.
  17. kaz321123

kaz321123 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The console images look so nice, thanks!

asper likes this.
  18. fastfurious

fastfurious Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for answering me, like a noob I just forgot to add the driver first... Shame on me

19. diobrando19

diobrando19 Member
    Newcomer

Question, is there an emulator supported by RetroArch that can play Neo Geo Pocket Color games? Just wondering... Thanks!

20. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Morning all,

So if I have games added and it says 159MB/300 with the compress option clicked, and I unclick that option close hakchi, open it again and it still says 159MB/300 that means.....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,