Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much, i will buy two SFC30.

Please can you tell me which firmware you use for controller and receiver?
Are you using two receiver or just one? 8Bitdo faq says this and i assume that it will not work for two players by just plug one receiver in "One power on with START+B, the other power on with START+B+R. Both working in mode 2, but with different key code, easy for you to map in game."

So after vigorous testing =D, finally. I have 2 receivers, they work perfectly fine. Basically I did what I posted just earlier.

So I had done some testing. The Receiver works great, but you need to set it up in RetroArch, all the buttons seem to work, but I think they set in the firmware that the D-Pad to Analog controls. The reason is when you first run a game in RA, it does not work on D-PAD.

I followed the instructions that I posted earlier that I found on Reddit:
Posted by rob3d on Reddit

Plug in your wired controller to the player 2 port to navigate the menus

• bring up RA options by hitting L+R+SELECT+START on the 8bitdo
  • Plug in your wired nes mini controller to the player 2 port
  • Choose settings with the wired controller
  • choose Input
  • chose Input user 1 binds
  • Choose user 1 dpad up
  • press a on the wired controller
  • then up on the 8 bit do
Repeat for all dpad binds

After doing this I was able to bind them up. After the first one was bound, I plugged in my 2nd Receiver and then did the same except controller 1 is working. so no need to plug in a wired controller. After that saved, everything worked fine. Reminder you will have to do this process each time you flash new stuff, because the retroarch config gets overwritten.

SNES30 and SFC30 feel great playing just about any game from NES, Genesis, SNES, to arcade. I still didn't like the NES30 because of the form factor is rectangular like NES controller. Feels weird because of the L and R buttons. I don't own a NES30 Pro so I can tell, but the looks of it seems to feel similar to Wii Classic Controlller. I hope this helps on your decision. Now to finally enjoy playing lol.

Update 2.13e works wonders, no issues after using this. Much Appreciated @Cluster

All Patches can be found in their 8Bitdo forums, they are stickied in each forum.

Beta Patches
Patch for Receiver Direct link: http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMxfGYxNjBlMTQ0fDE0ODgxMDI4NTN8MHwxNDA0
Patch for Controllers Direct link: FC30/NES30/SFC30/SNES30 Controllers http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMyfDI4MTAwNmUzfDE0ODgwMTgzNjV8MHwxMTc5

Easy steps after patching:
1. Plug receiver in player 1 port.
2. Plug wired controller in player 2 port.
3. Turn on NES Classic
4. For the 1st 8bitdo device, hold start to begin pairing mode. The receiver should also be blinking blue LED.
5. When paired should be solid blue on each.
6. Go to a game that uses RetroArch, once game is loaded hit (default Start+Select to get into RetroArch menu) on the 8bitdo controller.
7. On wired controller in player 2 port, navigate the menu: Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds.
8. Go down to the user bind for directional, tap A on controller 2 to allow you to enter new binding, then on 8bitdo controller tap the corresponding direction.
9. Follow steps until all directionals are set on controller 1.
10. Confirm now with 8Bitdo device that you can move up and down through the menu.
*Steps below are only needed if you have 2 receivers like myself
11. Unplug 2nd controller and plug in 2nd receiver and pair that with 2nd controller.
12. Once paired, this time use Controller 1 to go back 1 menu to Input Menu, this time select Input User 2 Binds.
13. Follow steps from 8 to 10.
14. Presto, both controllers are now functional, enjoy your gaming
*PS I am not 100% sure if you need to do these steps if you re-flash due to the Retroarch configs get wiped. (If I am wrong that could be only if you re-flash RetroArch itself, if you just add games it should not affect it.)

As I stated I have one SNES30 and one SFC30, the reason I bought one of each is so I can differentiate between which one is Player 1 or Player 2 on the receiver, instead of labelling. Both cost the same when I bought it so.

I hope this helps with setting the controls up with it. If you need more help after this let me know =D Completed like 4 arcade games with some friends today, was fun :yay:

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's something a friend is developing... A device that allows to connect any controller to any console... I'm testing it, and the results are very, very good. B-)
That's pretty sweet. Do you know if there is more input lag going to this device that is in between NESC and controller? I have seen adaptors like this, just curious. Very cool though.

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does anyone have wii classic contr. pro and extenstion cable for mini pad and it loses sync very often and lags? in menu also, so it's probably a harware related problem. without extension cable it works ok

I had some issues like that... I don't know why yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's pretty sweet. Do you know if there is more input lag going to this device that is in between NESC and controller? I have seen adaptors like this, just curious. Very cool though.

Yeah, I've noticed some input lag. I have to make more tests. In the meanwhile, SNES, Genesis, and other systems on NES Mini has been so much easier to play. ^_^

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I use the Wii classic controller with the extension cable without any lags. IMHO it is the best controller to play NES, SNES and N64 without switching controllers.

Get this skin:
https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/5661/wii-classic-controller-skin-retro

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want to upgrade from hakchi2 2.12 > 2.13e (use 7z). Does anyone know what will happening to my savegames in retroarch? I guess the internal saves in the games will get lost.

Last edited by Rob911,

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the Wii classic controller with the extension cable without any lags. IMHO it is the best controller to play NES, SNES and N64 without switching controllers.

Get this skin:
https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/5661/wii-classic-controller-skin-retro
Nice, yea I also have 2, but was just waiting on the 8Bitdo to update. So now I have multiple controllers that I can use so I am good. If I need the analog I can just pair my xbox, or PS3 controller if need be with the receiver.

biff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi! I dont know if I did everything right (obviously i didn't)

I added the newest cloverapp, installed the latest retroarch.hmod (both from 04-fix by pcm) and used hakchi2.13e

I added say 600 NES Games (which worked in 2.11) and now perhaps 300 PcEngine Games. 250mb in total, covers included. I selected Custom Folders

1 Folder NES
1 Folder PcEngine

Now I thought inside these systemfolders subfolders would be created automatically? I dont know if it works this way. I got a Menu with my two folders and when I opened the NES one i got a black screen and when I turned off the Mini a C8 Error. I had to turn on and off the Mini to let it "shutting down" - when I started the console again I get a black screen again an have to turn off to get C8 an on and off again to "shutting down..."

Did I
add too many roms? screwed the folders? installed something wrong?

:D

Oh I selected max games in folder 45 - so perhaps the PcEngine roms are bigger than nes ones and this ist the error?

what shall I do with those BIOS an libretro hmod files? check them to install it? add some BIOS files?

Last edited by biff,

Rob911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi! I dont know if I did everything right (obviously i didn't)

I added the newest cloverapp, installed the latest retroarch.hmod (both from 04-fix by pcm) and used hakchi2.13e

I added say 600 NES Games (which worked in 2.11) and now perhaps 300 PcEngine Games. 250mb in total, covers included. I selected Custom Folders

1 Folder NES
1 Folder PcEngine

Now I thought inside these systemfolders subfolders would be created automatically? I dont know if it works this way. I got a Menu with my two folders and when I opened the NES one i got a black screen and when I turned off the Mini a C8 Error. I had to turn on and off the Mini to let it "shutting down" - when I started the console again I get a black screen again an have to turn off to get C8 an on and off again to "shutting down..."

Did I
add too many roms? screwed the folders? installed something wrong?

:D

Oh I selected max games in folder 45 - so perhaps the PcEngine roms are bigger than nes ones and this ist the error?

Q: Help! I am getting a C8 error code?
A: Combined you have too many ROMs & save files in a single navigation folder. The recommendation is no more than 30 games per navigational folder. When you include the original 30 games as visible you can have the following:
  • 1 slot per game: 65
  • 2 slots per game: 49
  • 3 slots per game: 39
  • 4 slots per game: 32
If you hade the original 30 games, but add them back in Hakchi you can have a few additional games. Please note this removes the screensaver demo reels as a result:
  • 1 slot per game: 99
  • 2 slots per game: 66
  • 3 slots per game: 49
  • 4 slots per game: 40
IMPORTANT NOTE: This number is strictly for NES games. It is much lower for Non-NES games, likely less than a third.

Source/Credit: @soulctcher (Reddit Link)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nesc-faq-troubleshooting-for-hacking-nes-classic.462069/

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
So after vigorous testing =D, finally. I have 2 receivers, they work perfectly fine. Basically I did what I posted just earlier.

All Patches can be found in their 8Bitdo forums, they are stickied in each forum.

Beta Patches
Patch for Receiver Direct link: http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMxfGYxNjBlMTQ0fDE0ODgxMDI4NTN8MHwxNDA0
Patch for Controllers Direct link: FC30/NES30/SFC30/SNES30 Controllers http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMyfDI4MTAwNmUzfDE0ODgwMTgzNjV8MHwxMTc5

Easy steps after patching:
1. Plug receiver in player 1 port.
2. Plug wired controller in player 2 port.
3. Turn on NES Classic
4. For the 1st 8bitdo device, hold start to begin pairing mode. The receiver should also be blinking blue LED.
5. When paired should be solid blue on each.
6. Go to a game that uses RetroArch, once game is loaded hit (default Start+Select to get into RetroArch menu) on the 8bitdo controller.
7. On wired controller in player 2 port, navigate the menu: Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds.
8. Go down to the user bind for directional, tap A on controller 2 to allow you to enter new binding, then on 8bitdo controller tap the corresponding direction.
9. Follow steps until all directionals are set on controller 1.
10. Confirm now with 8Bitdo device that you can move up and down through the menu.
*Steps below are only needed if you have 2 receivers like myself
11. Unplug 2nd controller and plug in 2nd receiver and pair that with 2nd controller.
12. Once paired, this time use Controller 1 to go back 1 menu to Input Menu, this time select Input User 2 Binds.
13. Follow steps from 8 to 10.
14. Presto, both controllers are now functional, enjoy your gaming
*PS I am not 100% sure if you need to do these steps if you re-flash due to the Retroarch configs get wiped. (If I am wrong that could be only if you re-flash RetroArch itself, if you just add games it should not affect it.)

As I stated I have one SNES30 and one SFC30, the reason I bought one of each is so I can differentiate between which one is Player 1 or Player 2 on the receiver, instead of labelling. Both cost the same when I bought it so.

I hope this helps with setting the controls up with it. If you need more help after this let me know =D Completed like 4 arcade games with some friends today, was fun :yay:

Brill thanks in advance for the advice... My retro receiver gets here in about a week so will be sure to use this. :)

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increased/optimized 204x204 .pngs with transparencies icons for hakchi folders manager:
AWmvJUi.png

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gqlmht

Some are pretty new (made by me), others are readapted to be "prettier" in the Clover GUI menu. Feel free to (ab)use them :)

Most of them were taken form a packet shared by someone in this thread (don't remember who he is, sorry) but I thank him very much !!!

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Increased/optimized 204x204 .pngs with transparencies icons for hakchi folders manager:
AWmvJUi.png

Some are pretty new (made by me), others are readapted to be "prettier" in the Clover GUI menu. Feel free to (ab)use them :)

Most of them were taken form a packet shared by someone in this thread (don't remember who he is, sorry) but I thank him very much !!!

Looks great, but why did you choose the SNES Jr./mini ?

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AWmvJUi.png

Very cool. I'd add controllers to the missing consoles. Neo geo looks bland. Move logos around, for example N64. And add CPS 1 and 2 and Famicom.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
@pcm720, @Cluster, @others any thoughts? Is it possible the SNES Emulator has some cache directory/folder that would be hitting the 30mb limit even when spanning across multiple "navigational folders"? As noted earlier (and in bug reports), what I've observed is I have a maximum of 18 saves allowed for SNES at the moment. If I delete a save in Navigation Folder A, I can then create a new save in Navigation Folder B. The system still has space elsewhere as I can create saves for other emulators without issue and removing games doesn't fix it.

Okay guys, is the SNES9x2010 savestates problem still present?
I think I know why that happens.

fastfurious

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, the nes classic are the same versions, are you using the same PC for hacking the nes? You can try using a fresh hakchi2 program in a different folder and follow the install instructions from start for your friend's console.
Thanks for answering me, like a noob I just forgot to add the driver first... Shame on me

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Morning all,

So if I have games added and it says 159MB/300 with the compress option clicked, and I unclick that option close hakchi, open it again and it still says 159MB/300 that means.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all