Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was hoping there was a less time consuming way haha, but that is what I've resorted to ;/

There's a real easy way, actually.

There's a software called "FastFileRenamer", which is freeware.

Rename the games you want to play, then add them to hakchi2 and resync. :)

Last edited by Advokaten,
Reactions: jonxs

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
I've not tried the usb otg hack yet but when I tested the otg cable to see if power was getting to both usb stick and snes mini I got no power light on my usb stick when snes mini was on which is making me wonder if my otg cable is compatible. It doesnt seem to be getting power to the usb. Did anyone else have this problem? Did it still work?

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Everytime I add more games, shift + sync to th directory of the flashdrive (hakchi/games/), I always receive "the folder isn't empty". If I continue, the sync would only take a flash, then it's just done, but resulting none. Thus I always delete everything inside hakchi/games/, otherwise the sync won't take effect.
Is it normal to have this?

Yes. It's being worked on afaik.

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a real easy way, actually.

There's a software called "FastFileRenamer", which is freeware.

Rename the games you want to play, then add them to hakchi2 and resync. :)
The problem is, if you already have neat desktop files, one needs to change the name inside the desktop files as well. As unzip the games first and then zip them again.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that would get me to add anything other than SNES games to mine would be if someone came up with a working Apple II emulator for the thing. I LOVE the Apple II.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@KMFDManic , I just read your comment on Reddit (please see attachment) and found out the reason why I can’t get my original games running (got C7 error all the time). Let me clarify these:

1. If I had already unlocked Star Fox 2 (original game), does that mean that I will still have it unlocked when I remove the OTG hub? Because if I’m using USB Host, my Star Fox 2 is still locked and my previous saves are gone.

2. Based on your statement, does that mean I have to add the 21 roms (of the original games) if I want to play them with USB Host?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• KMFDManic Reddit.JPG
    KMFDManic Reddit.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 409

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK PLEASE HELP!

So does Nintendo 64 games work on SNES? Ive tried for several days now, and I have not been able to get them to run...
I have .z64 files. I also have glupen64 for retroarch.

I get a Black Screen, then apon reset I get a C8 error...

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@KMFDManic , I just read your comment on Reddit (please see attachment) and found out the reason why I can’t get my original games running (got C7 error all the time). Let me clarify these:

1. If I had already unlocked Star Fox 2 (original game), does that mean that I will still have it unlocked when I remove the OTG hub? Because if I’m using USB Host, my Star Fox 2 is still locked and my previous saves are gone.

2. Based on your statement, does that mean I have to add the 21 roms (of the original games) if I want to play them with USB Host?

Many thanks!
My 21 games work just fine.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OK PLEASE HELP!

So does Nintendo 64 games work on SNES? Ive tried for several days now, and I have not been able to get them to run...

Filename of z64 file?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK PLEASE HELP!

Are you using USB or no?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Many thanks!

You running with a /saves folder on USB-HOST?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update is a bit of a doozy:) Enjoy!

UPDATE 12-11-17

Some Nice Updates Today:) DanTheMan827 did a Font Remount Update to clean things up! Thanks Dan!!! I updated the Auto Convert Script in Ripping Tools Folder to now include ability to batch convert ISO Files for Sega-CD/Turbografx-CD. View the ReadMe! I Updated CheatSheet to include a link to a fantastic USB-HOST Tutorial that my Reddit friend, BsLeNuL, painstakingly put together using my information, as well as a variety of other inputs/feedbacks, etc!! Props to you, BsLeNuL, for your assistance in this! I will communicate with him directly, and use his Tutorial as a Base Point for Future Reference! CheatSheet also has a tidbit added about C2, C3, C7, etc errors. I briefly addressed this in my Videos. But, some may have not realized it. Thanks to SkyCyberguy for his help in Testing! CheatSheet also updated to change priority Format Type for Flash Drive/etc, to Fat32, as highest success rate amongst feedback I have received over the last month!

**Attention: Test results on Save States. Some have reported issues with saves with gpSP. I have perfectly found a median to make MGBA and N64 saves function extremely reliably using Suspend States/In Game Sram Saves for GBA, and ONLY In Game Sram Saves for N64. I cannot fix gpSP saves, without breaking both MGBA and N64! So, if you decide you want to run gpSP, run it with games that you are not concerned with saving! /bin/gpsp AND /bin/mgba for Dual Use:) Lastly, if your shortcut from RetroArch does not properly work with Saves, be sure clovercon or clovercon-usb is installed! If it still gives issues, simply push reset button ON the NESC/SNESC, as that works with saves, properly, each and every time...given they work to begin with! Thanks to bslenul, DocFishopolis, and all else who helped me test this!

As for mainstay Core Updates, I Updated FBA 2016 (eeprom change, audio refactoring; Thanks barbudreadmon!), MAME 2003 (Sound Improvements for Fantasy, Nibbler, Pioneer Balloon, Sasuke and Vanguard, etc; Thanks Curt Coder, twinaphex, gamez-fan!), ProSystem (Atari 7800, Logic Error Fixed; Thanks msheehan79 & twinaphex!), Mr.Boom (Version Update, Keyboard Fix, etc; Thanks frranck. For the Record, Mr. Boom is an amazing Core, and in the event we do network ability, 8 Player Bomberman Clone is untouchable, as far as fun factor! This was what made Bomberman on Sega Saturn, arguably, the best Bomberman Game, ever! I will do a video of this Core in Action!!! I also updated Mednafen PCE-Fast & Supergrafx (Turbo Fixes; Thanks retro-wertz & twinaphex!), PCSX ReArmed Neon (Various Fixes; Thanks hevey & twinaphex!), mGBA (Various Fixes; Thanks endrift & ilovezfs!), GW (Game & Watch; Mouse Fixes, enhancements, bug fixes, etc; Thanks leiradel!!!)

As a final added bonus, due to so many requests, I added the Freeware Game Cave Story for both NXEngine & MegaDrive/Sega Genesis! It is in Extras & Dependencies Folder, along with a proper ReadMe! Enjoy Today's Update! Expect Custom Fonts, NESC USB-HOST Tutorial, etc,, deeper uninstall of Cores Method, etc, in next Updates!

Today's Update is at https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Reactions: dulux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg