Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nope without 7z.
space is not the problem because that i dont use 7z.
i use a Micro sd to usb adapter as save folder.

and i found why some games doesnt start

Last edited by Liriel,

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im about to attempt the USB Storage Mod.

I do not have RetroArch on my snes, just only did the 223 snes games so far... Havent messed with emulators...

Any advice? I plan on installing PS1, NES, Genesis games....

How simple is it?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah i See the 7z Mod File in Maniac Pack is wrong.

Know i need the reset Combo in the USB Version and Dual Boot.

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update:) UPDATE 11-22-17 It has been brought to my attention (Thanks alcuin & madmonkey!) that the tiny7z that was in my Advanced Users Folder for USB-HOST was the incorrect one. The proper one has now replaced it, complete with a ReadMe file crediting the original Author of this amazing Tool:) You can NOW run 7z Games via USB-HOST, given you have proper names (minus Parenthesis:) I thoroughly apologize for accidentally posting the wrong one. Bug Fixes & Updates for USB-HOST have also been merged into hakchi-gui-win32(official), in Advanced Users. These include various bug fixes, repair of games, and simplified overmounting for Games. (Thanks DanTheMan827!!!!!). These changes will also help with Nes Classic more optimally running USB-HOST. If on SNES Classic with USB-HOST, hakchi/saves folder is optional. If on NES Classic with USB-HOST, hakchi/saves folder is required! Otherwise, Storage is mounted RO (You will have no fonts and menu will not start!). Also, Updates to MAME 2003 (NBA Jam Sound Fixes), FBA 2016 (Another Sound Fix for Sol Divide). Enjoy Today's Update:) https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that I can do. But I need to know the best way to backup the games, with the checked games for my snes, and how to back up the layout on the snes. I don't want to have to do all that over again.

Just go to File>Selection Presets>Add Preset
This will save your games list, including selected roms, and I believe folder structure as well. Make a preset and uncheck a game or two to test first. Make a change to folder and then go back to the preset that you saved and see if it goes back ;)

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a "written" guide somewhere for USB_HOST ?
The video is great, but it would nice to have a step by step guide typed up somewhere?

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the first release candidate for my Canoe Save Compression mod. The mod compresses all canoe save states on creation and will also compress all canoe save states when installed (this may take a few minutes depending on number of saves). This version ensures that reinstalling the mod does not overwrite the original canoe wrapper. Ensure you backup your saves before testing this mod. If you have any issues with this mod please post or pm me with details on the issue. If you use this version and it works well for you please let me know as well. If there are no issues with this I will do a proper release along with either a version of hakchi or a tool for decompressing save states in the next few days.

Reactions: Hellequin and Gab75

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is the first release candidate for my Canoe Save Compression mod. The mod compresses all canoe save states on creation and will also compress all canoe save states when installed (this may take a few minutes depending on number of saves). This version ensures that reinstalling the mod does not overwrite the original canoe wrapper. Ensure you backup your saves before testing this mod. If you have any issues with this mod please post or pm me with details on the issue. If you use this version and it works well for you please let me know as well. If there are no issues with this I will do a proper release along with either a version of hakchi or a tool for decompressing save states in the next few days.

Thanks a lot for the new release! :)

Just a question: to install the latest version do I need to uninstall the previous version from my SNES mini or can I directly overwrite the existing module with the new module?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed USB-Host guide....

Getting "Shutting Down"....... on boot.

help
Bring everything to stock using hakchi2 (uninstall kernel and then reinstal original kernel) and your console will work fine again.

Shutting down appears (using prototype version - official one not personally tested) when you try to add new hmods with hakchi2 AFTER the hakchi-gui USB patch. This is probably related to the thing explained in the readme file:

-If using hakchi2 to install hmods, they should update scripts in hakchi2 as well, ie
rm -rf hakchi2/mods/mod_hakchi/*
rsync -ac "hakchi/mod/" "hakchi2/mods/mod_hakchi/"
Otherwise, it probably won't even boot after hakchi2. you can also do rebuild+memboot
from hakchi afterwards, but this takes more time.

Reactions: santamanga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: