Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that you are not loading a SC1000 game ?
I don't know. I THOUGHT it was SC-3000. It's Drol. The rom ends in .sc. I got it from romhustler in the sega master system section.
http://romhustler.net/rom/sms/drol-sc-3000

I tried /sc, which was the default. It didn't work. I tried /sms. It didn't work. I even tried mame2003 and THAT didn't work.

I just found a rom that ends in .sg.....if you think that will help.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that too. It compressed about 30 of the available 180 games, and no matter how many times I click on Compress All Games, it doesn't touch the NES games.

What happens to the command line once it's done? Is it something I can do manually using 7z to compress the game and update the command line individually?

You read my original post? It shows the manual steps on how to do it. But, briefly.

1. 7zip a rom

2. Zip the same rom

3. add via hakchi2

4. change /bin/7z to /bin/nes

5. at end of command line argument, leave a space, then add --retroarch --fceumm OR --retroarch --nestopia This will give you choice of which emulator to use within retroarch HMOD, which also needs installed:)

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I start reading people asking about Nintendo DS emulators and the like, I have to laugh, because it's just SUCH an inappropriate platform for such things in so many ways.

You don't think it's feasible NES Classic can at least reach an experimental level with, for example, PSP emulation? You did compare the hardware to a Raspberry Pi, which ably runs a lot of PSP games but struggles with DS. Yes I understand the file sizes are large, but if the time was taken to recompile cores I feel like this could be a possibility down the road.

If OTG support is ever realized one day, that would of course change everything as we know it also.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't think it's feasible NES Classic can at least reach an experimental level with, for example, PSP emulation? You did compare the hardware to a Raspberry Pi, which ably runs a lot of PSP games but struggles with DS. Yes I understand the file sizes are large, but if the time was taken to recompile cores I feel like this could be a possibility down the road.

If OTG support is ever realized one day, that would of course change everything as we know it also.

No, I really don't think so, and hardly see the point. There are other solutions better suited, available, and more inexpensive.

Rodney

Reactions: Subtle Demise

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You read my original post? It shows the manual steps on how to do it. But, briefly.

1. 7zip a rom

2. Zip the same rom

3. add via hakchi2

5. at end of command line argument, leave a space, then add --retroarch --fceumm OR --retroarch --nestopia This will give you choice of which emulator to use within retroarch HMOD, which also needs installed:)
I started looking around and found your initial method a couple hours ago...sorry about that. Thanks!

Taz9585

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know. I THOUGHT it was SC-3000. It's Drol. The rom ends in .sc. I got it from romhustler in the sega master system section.

I tried /sc, which was the default. It didn't work. I tried /sms. It didn't work. I even tried mame2003 and THAT didn't work.

Hello
The sc3000/SG1000 games work perfecly with Genesis plus SX
Only Congo Bongo dont work

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I mean ofcourse SG-1000, sorry
http://segaretro.org/Drol

It is a different machine than a Master System, maybe it works, but you have to alter the command line into /bin/sms
https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Genesis_Plus_GX

AddisonYang

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
所以 月風魔傳 不能下載了嗎??
出現以下視窗
soory GETSUFUU MADEN(J)NES USES MAPPER #23 BUT THIS MAPPER IS NOT SUPPORTED
by the nes mini and the game will probably not start with default emulator.........

what is wrong for this message? I can not download getsufuu maden this game to my mini famicom
Please help me

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
所以 月風魔傳 不能下載了嗎??
出現以下視窗
soory GETSUFUU MADEN(J)NES USES MAPPER #23 BUT THIS MAPPER IS NOT SUPPORTED
by the nes mini and the game will probably not start with default emulator.........

what is wrong for this message? I can not download getsufuu maden this game to my mini famicom
Please help me

Did you install RetroArch with all the mods ?

hossbags2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to force a particular rom to play in PAL mode and not change the global default setting using NTSC. I noticed some roms only play in PAL mode but I want to keep the overall default setting to NTSC.

Nintenboy01

Trophies
XP
Country
So I installed with the new exe file, but it froze saying "preparing application" and buttons greyed out once it reached 100%

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh my bad, it was that stupid SmartScreen filter blocking it

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. 7zip a rom

2. Zip the same rom

3. add via hakchi2

It appears Helping Hand got stuck once it reached an arcade ZIP. It was reporting them as unzipped NES games, and held up the rest. When I removed them from the game list, it would continue 7-zipping the NES ROMs.

Strangely, Helping Hand refused to compress the games that made up the Original 30. Not the exact Original 30. I unchecked the 30, and manually installed each game so I could set them to play Nestopia. Strange though it would skip those.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again.
Does is possible to edit the text in the legal notices of the NES Mini interface? I would like to write some information about all my added games.
Thanks.

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again.
Does is possible to edit the text in the legal notices of the NES Mini interface? I would like to write some information about all my added games.
Thanks.

21kk0nq.jpg

Reactions: ByteThis and rot86

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I keep getting an "Unhandled exception" error after adding games to hakchi and running the "download boxart for all games" feature (doesn't matter if it's 660 games or 1).
Whenever I select a game from the list (mark it, try to check or uncheck), I get the unhandled exception error.

Is this a know issue? Is there a fix?
This happens on both hakchi2 version 2.16c and 2.17
I've tried running the application with admin priveledges, but the same error happens.
Windows 10 64-bit

Here's the debug info;
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
at com.clusterrr.hakchi_gui.NesMiniApplication.LoadBitmap(String path)
at com.clusterrr.hakchi_gui.MainForm.ShowSelected()
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
hakchi
Assembly Version: 2.0.17.15
Win32 Version: 2.0.17.15
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Games/Nintendo/2016-NES%20Classic%20Edition/hakchi2%202.17/hakchi2/hakchi.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8750 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8763 built by: WinRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

randomgirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I know people been asking this quistion in this thread before. But I cant find this error anywhere. I've tried to flash my nintendo mini with retroarch to get Snes working. But Im keep getting the C6-error. And when Im trying to follow the utube-video with the init-file replacement do I not find the init file. The whole map structure in 'mods' looks different compared to guy in the utube-video and there are more files which missing.

Do anyone know whats wrong or have the same problem.
cheers from sweden

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto